General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | [25] | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Thu 16-Nov-17 16:56:58
Print Post

Re: Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[re: mumba] [link to this post]

Update 15/11/2017

Just been told cable shortage and need to wait till OR has the cables in stock

Snake smile
Standard User bellamob
(newbie) Thu 16-Nov-17 18:28:34
Print Post

Oh dear me. Unlucky. Sorry to hear this.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 18-Nov-17 13:53:01
Print Post

I would have said is there a reason the contractors cant go back and get the right clamps and then resume work? seems very odd.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mumba
(learned) Tue 21-Nov-17 22:38:46
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I did ask but I they said they need to order the parts etc.

I was looking at roadworks.org now and I noticed there are roadworks logged by BT from 18 Nov to 22 Nov on the street where my cabinet is.

The description is:

"Install 86m of 1 way poly duct in Footway "

Do you guys think that it's possible that work is for all my 18 blocked ducts or just the few where the icon of the roadworks is showing on the road on the map?

86m sounds like a lot but my entire run is 1km so maybe it is only for a few of the 18 blocked ducts.

Anyway at least progress seems to be happening.
Standard User mumba
(learned) Thu 30-Nov-17 11:51:30
Print Post

30 November 2017: Update

Hi All,

I have another update on my installation. So OR arrived this morning this time with the correct clamps to run the fibre from the pole and into my house.

Again all the OR engineers were extremely friendly. They discussed the overhead path they would like to take the fibre to and I showed them where the cable needed to enter my house.

A hole was drilled through my external wall and they pushed the fibre through and have now left a long coil of fibre inside my cupboard. Another team will connect that fibre to a CSP and then an ONT all inside my cupboard.

They couldn't give me any updates on my 18 blocked ducts and Cerberus haven't had any updates either about that.

At least now I have something physical to look at to remind me that I will eventually get my fibre line.

As an FYI the fibre cable they ran also has a copper cable which gives you the option of running a copper tel line service with the fibre over the same physical cable.

Also OR are very reluctant to drill holes through your walls if there is any risk of breaking pipes etc. I had arranged for an air conditioning company who are fixing my air con unit which is in the exact same cupboard to drill the hole for them. OR ran the fibre neatly against the air conditioning pipes on the external wall.

Lastly I asked them to cut an existing copper cable that runs to my roof from the pole that is not used and they very nicely did that for me too without any complaints.

Here is a photo of the fibre coil that has been left in my cupboard:

https://anonimag.es/image/JT9zMj1

I'll keep you guys updated.

Edited by mumba (Thu 30-Nov-17 12:29:22)

Standard User Snake
(experienced) Sun 10-Dec-17 14:22:21
Print Post

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

Update: 10/12/2017

Sorry guys I haven't had a chance to update. Openreach finally managed to get hold of the cables, and the jointing was completed over a week ago. However they Engineer was trained to climb the pole and so another engineer will need to come out and do that final check.

I was told last week, the final stage of the install and the test from the pole should happen soon (hoping this week 11/12)

Snake smile
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Tue 12-Dec-17 11:36:04
Print Post

Update 12/12/2017

I just got a call from Openreach and now have a final install date of the 19th.

Something interesting that I noticed today was the BT wholesale checker now shows FTTP as available smile

https://gyazo.com/dd53afb0586da1b49c976cf973d4f9c0

What is more interesting is, if I check just using postcode and house number, my house always shows FTTP, but none of my neighbours come up as FTTP only FTTPoD. I am guessing that might change after February.

I used this checker: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.Addre...

Snake smile

Edited by Snake (Tue 12-Dec-17 11:39:35)

Standard User Snake
(experienced) Thu 14-Dec-17 18:47:20
Print Post

Hi Mumba,

Have you checked the bt wholesale checker or the ultrafast checker to see if your property is showing up as FTTP. Once all the fibre work is done this gets updated.

Snake smile
Standard User mumba
(learned) Fri 15-Dec-17 17:19:25
Print Post

Hi Snake,

My number and post code are still only showing FTTPoD. It sounds like you are very close to going live. I'm really happy for you and of course jealous. smile

Unfortunately my order is being held up by the 18 blocked ducts. It seems movement is happening on 5 of those blocked ducts only. I have no idea when my line will go live. If I had to guess I would say mid to end Feb but that is based on nothing but gut feel and some wishful thinking.

I'm at the mercy of my council to approve all the works BT need to do and for BT to have the resources scheduled to carry them out.

At least I have my coil of fibre to look at every now and again when I feel like being cheered up. smile
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 15-Dec-17 17:57:25
Print Post

I could send you an Ezee bend lead in cable - you can be doubly happy then smile

Pages in this thread: << 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | [25] | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to