General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | [26] | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Fri 15-Dec-17 22:24:18
Print Post

Re: Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[re: mumba] [link to this post]

smile

Well I am just counting the days down. Let's hope it goes well on Tuesday. I will be taking pictures smile

Snake smile
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Tue 19-Dec-17 17:06:46
Print Post

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

Update 19/12/2017

So today the Openreach engineer arrived and completed the entire fibre setup. All lights are green and I am now waiting on BT to confirm to Cerberus all is good and activate the last part.

Luckily I still have Zen internet for another week so I can still use the net. Just need to wait to connect to the new fibre. At least all the physical work is done.

Snake smile
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-Dec-17 17:23:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by Snake:
Update 19/12/2017

So today the Openreach engineer arrived and completed the entire fibre setup. All lights are green and I am now waiting on BT to confirm to Cerberus all is good and activate the last part.

Luckily I still have Zen internet for another week so I can still use the net. Just need to wait to connect to the new fibre. At least all the physical work is done.

Excellent news, almost there smile

Btw did Openreach install the 4 port Huawei ONT or the newer single port version with a BBU built-in? I believe the newer units were introduced in Oct but haven't heard of any case(s) where people had them installed.

Also I take it there was no external CSP installed as you have a connectorized set-up?

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10

Edited by baby_frogmella (Tue 19-Dec-17 17:24:40)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Snake
(experienced) Tue 19-Dec-17 17:25:37
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Its the new one, all built in, he did give me the option, because the newer one is bigger.

Snake smile
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Dec-17 17:51:11
Print Post

he did give me the option,

Naughty lad, all new installs to have the new single port ONT from last Monday, the old four port ones held as van stock to be used as replacements if an existing four port is found faulty.

I've not had my hands on one yet, but believe the 'bigness' is just a casing containing the two separate components ?

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Dec-17 17:52:07
Print Post

Congrats .... you got there.

Standard User Snake
(experienced) Tue 19-Dec-17 17:52:16
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

It was because I said it was a bit big, I thought of it as good customer service smile

You are correct, it is just the casing

Snake smile
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Tue 19-Dec-17 17:54:00
Print Post

still not live though frown

Snake smile
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Dec-17 17:59:07
Print Post

still not live though

Some quirk with Cerberus maybe .... the very few I have fitted have been for BTB and have worked on the day of the install.

Standard User Snake
(experienced) Tue 19-Dec-17 18:25:02
Print Post

Well the install did finish around 4ish, so end of the day, still no joy with it frown

Snake smile
Pages in this thread: << 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | [26] | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to