General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | [27] | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-Dec-17 18:57:36
Print Post

Re: Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

Is the green PON light flashing? This may suggest OR haven't activated the ONT yet in which case another Engineer visit will be required to activate it. The OR bod just scans the ONT barcode with his smartphone and seconds later the PON light turns a solid green.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Tue 19-Dec-17 19:02:25
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

It is solid green. Been like that for a while

Snake smile
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-Dec-17 19:09:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by Snake:
It is solid green. Been like that for a while

Ah ok, that suggests the hold up is at Cerberus' end, hopefully won't be long.

Netgear Nighthawk X10

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Snake
(experienced) Tue 19-Dec-17 19:12:41
Print Post

So the issue is that on Cerberus system it is still showing as provisioning, I am guessing that BT handover so late in the day was just dropped some where along the line frown

Will have to wait till tomorrow most likely

Snake smile
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 19-Dec-17 19:18:21
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
all new installs to have the new single port ONT from last Monday, the old four port ones held as van stock to be used as replacements if an existing four port is found faulty.

I wonder if we'll now see eBay flooded with the 4 port ONTs for sale, ie Openreach surplus stock a la HG612's

Might put in a cheeky offer for this, to keep as a backup - in case mine fails and OR don't have any spare 4 port versions anymore

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Huawei-Echolife-HG8420-BT...

Netgear Nighthawk X10

Edited by baby_frogmella (Tue 19-Dec-17 19:24:47)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Dec-17 20:16:32
Print Post

No good as a straight like for like swap ... you’d need OR to input the new serial number onto the system......

but if you had it in your cupboard, the engineer who came to fix the fault could sort that.

Standard User Dwight1379
(newbie) Tue 19-Dec-17 21:59:38
Print Post

Hi Baby_frogmella,
Did you ever get your Netgear sorted? I am guessing you already down graded it to just a router.
Cheers David
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Wed 20-Dec-17 14:36:28
Print Post

Update 20/12/2017

BT have acknowledged that the line isn't showing up closed (work completed by OR). They have chased that so eventually all online tools will say the line is up and running and Cerberus and BT can do their final diagnostics before handing over

just a waiting game now

Snake smile
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Dec-17 15:55:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Might put in a cheeky offer for this, to keep as a backup - in case mine fails and OR don't have any spare 4 port versions anymore

As with VM cable modems Openreach may refuse to activate kit they haven't directly supplied. As it's Openreach kit might be fine but buyer beware. ONTs require provisioning, VDSL modems don't.

My VM Business experience so far - spoiler: it's not ideal.
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Dec-17 16:13:18
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:

As with VM cable modems Openreach may refuse to activate kit they haven't directly supplied. As it's Openreach kit might be fine but buyer beware. ONTs require provisioning, VDSL modems don't.

Sorry, I wasn't clear: I meant I would buy it to keep it as spare and then get it activated by Openreach which I imagine they would do on the spot as its a genuine BT/OR ONT hence the serial no. would already be in their database. This was in case OR did not have a like for like replacement - which could easily happen say 5+ years down the line. Anway its a moot point now as that ONT has been bought by someone else....though the seller did reject my piddly offer of £5 LOL

Netgear Nighthawk X10
Pages in this thread: << 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | [27] | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to