General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gigaplant
(newbie) Thu 21-Sep-17 13:04:52
Print Post

Re: Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

The duct comes out of the ground and the copper goes down it, it's a fairly new property.
Standard User gigaplant
(newbie) Thu 21-Sep-17 13:11:47
Print Post

[re: gigaplant] [link to this post]

Spoke to cerberus today myself, AUP / Fair usage policy doesn't have a cap, as in no GB / TB limits and their low prices is due to being the first to have a new deal with Openreach which also doesn't charge traffic usage unlike the older £300 deal, other companies may end up having the same lower priced deal later on. Can use your own router with their FTTP on demand as well.
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Thu 21-Sep-17 13:46:20
Print Post

[re: gigaplant] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gigaplant:
Spoke to cerberus today myself, AUP / Fair usage policy doesn't have a cap, as in no GB / TB limits and their low prices is due to being the first to have a new deal with Openreach which also doesn't charge traffic usage unlike the older £300 deal, other companies may end up having the same lower priced deal later on. Can use your own router with their FTTP on demand as well.

This is complete nonsense.

Firstly, Openreach purely provides the connection from the end user's premises to the local handover exchange, there is no charge for data with Openreach.

Secondly, Openreach does not offer special 'deals' to new individual CPs. They are legally not allowed to do this as it would breach their equivalence covenant.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bill100
(learned) Thu 21-Sep-17 16:17:15
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

There seems to be a disconnect between the Sales team and underlying reality. I would guess they are using backhaul from some LLU operator rather than BT wholesale.
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Thu 21-Sep-17 16:37:14
Print Post

[re: Bill100] [link to this post]

Can we keep this thread for updates of install only please smile

Happy for this discussion to continue on the other thread.

Snake smile
Standard User mumba
(newbie) Thu 21-Sep-17 23:42:54
Print Post

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

I placed an order with Cerberus on 5 September. The latest update I have is that OR are waiting to schedule a surveyor to do the survey. The good news is that have processed my order.

I haven't been given a survey date yet. I live in London so I guess it will depend on the availability of surveyors in my area.

I am in Band E so they are going to have a long run of cable to install. I'm hoping there are no complications with getting fibre to the tel phone pole that is right by my driveway. I will then need to speak to them about how I get the fibre to my house either under my drive way or in the air like my copper line is currently.

I'll post my updates in this forum for you guys.

Edited by mumba (Thu 21-Sep-17 23:43:33)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Sep-17 23:43:37
Print Post

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

lol
Standard User Woolwich
(member) Fri 22-Sep-17 15:31:34
Print Post

[re: mumba] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mumba:
The latest update I have is that OR are waiting to schedule a surveyor to do the survey.
...snip...
I am in Band E so they are going to have a long run of cable

Not sure how this all works but how do you know you are in Band E if the survey hasn't yet been done?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 22-Sep-17 15:54:28
Print Post

[re: Woolwich] [link to this post]

Bands are based on distance to node. Standard pricing based on distance and then if there are "excess costs" (shown in the survey) then these would be in addition to the banded install costs.
Standard User mumba
(newbie) Fri 22-Sep-17 18:44:30
Print Post

[re: Woolwich] [link to this post]

As mentioned above when you place your order they calculate what band you are in from your phone number and the estimated distance your current line is from the node.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to