General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | [33] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mumba
(regular) Mon 09-Apr-18 17:23:42
Print Post

Re: Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[re: mumba] [link to this post]

Update - 9 April 2018

Hi All,

I have an update today. OR have started work this morning on my final blockage. So 17 down 1 more to go. I saw them working on it with my own eyes this morning when I drove past.

They were digging up the road and pavement with a bulldozer and had a temporary traffic light in place. My neighborhood must be loving me at this point, good thing they have no idea who the works are for.

Anyway the works are scheduled to be completed by end of day Wednesday.

I might even receive an estimated date of completion for my project by the end of this week almost 7 months after placing the order.

I'll let you guys know how the next phase of jointing and laying the fibre goes and then the actual phase of internally connecting me up to the network. As mentioned before the internal fibre is already dangling in my comms cupboard and is connected to the telephone pole outside my house.

I think though that finally after 7 months I can now say that I am within touching distance of the finishing line. It still could take some time to lay the cables through the new ducts but at least it's going to be far less complex than 18 blocked ducts.
Standard User mumba
(regular) Thu 12-Apr-18 22:56:25
Print Post

Update - 12 April 2018

Hi All,

A quick update. OR have now confirmed that all work on the 18 blocked ducts is now complete.

They are moving onto the next phase of running the cables. They haven't given an estimated completion date yet. Hopefully they will once they allocate resources to the cabling an jointing.
Standard User mumba
(regular) Fri 04-May-18 16:53:41
Print Post

Update 4 May 2018

Hi All,

Believe it or not my order has only now just moved to the next phase of jointing.

It turns out that not all the civils to unblock the ducts were successful and OR had to find an alternative solution to one of the blocked ducts. Their solution was to run the cable overhead which it seems they have done now.

So assuming they really have now solved all the blocked duct issues they will be moving onto the jointing phase and hopefully give me an estimated completion date soon.

I seem to be involved in the never ending story of OR old and failing infrastructure.

Will post more updates when I have them.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Snake
(experienced) Sat 05-May-18 00:42:58
Print Post

The final hurdle mate smile

Cerberus FTTPoD
Standard User FibreFelix
(newbie) Wed 16-May-18 10:37:53
Print Post

Just thought I'd add something for the interest of everyone! We are in the final stages of getting our Fibre installed under the old pricing. Cerberus quoted us the £165pm for 3 years and £4,250.00 install costs under the old pricing which we have proceeded with. No excess construction charges after the survey etc. Ordered in October 2017.

Whilst most of the work has been done, BT have had to do a lot more work than anticipated and our install is taking longer because of this. They're having to install 154m of ducting in a carriageway and based upon their published costs (for a consumer) this would cost £19k. Therefore, you can see why BT have changed their pricing for everyone else as they must have been vastly under quoting the installation costs!
Standard User derekdel
(committed) Wed 16-May-18 21:15:41
Print Post

[re: FibreFelix] [link to this post]

I would have bitten the hand off OR for that price! 154M of ducting works I can imagine would cost a fair bit. I was quoted £15,400+VAT for mine and it would be coming up new ducting already installed and is 13 yrs old max and not blocked. Bonkers price. If it was on or about your price or more I would have went for it! I just can not understand the price at all.
Standard User mumba
(regular) Thu 17-May-18 13:19:52
Print Post

[re: FibreFelix] [link to this post]

Yeah my install is taking way longer than OR would ever have anticipated. They have erected a new pole and had to unblock 18 blockages. I'm sure my install price would have been multiples more under the new pricing.

I think I calculated by true install costs are around £8k over the 3 year contract and my house is around 1km away from the node.

I'm sure OR are incurring far greater costs than £8k getting this fibre to my house.
Standard User Webbs
(newbie) Thu 17-May-18 16:52:36
Print Post

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by derekdel:
I was quoted £15,400+VAT for mine

Was that a desk survey-based quote though?
Standard User derekdel
(committed) Thu 17-May-18 21:14:22
Print Post

[re: Webbs] [link to this post]

Yes it was.
Standard User FibreFelix
(newbie) Fri 18-May-18 13:03:06
Print Post

We have been very lucky with cost, being circa £10,600 over 3 years all in. We're in the middle of the country side in North Devon although luckily for us a node is reasonably close (2.5kmish) and I recall we were band E.

The council have been a pain with our install... requiring 3 months notice for road closures even on rural country lanes with minimal traffic. Cables have been run over water and tree cutting etc has been needed.

I'd love to be able to ask Openreach how much they've actually spent in connecting us..!
Pages in this thread: << 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | [33] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to