General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Wed 27-Sep-17 21:54:59
Print Post

Re: Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

I wouldn’t know, you might able to find out If you call Fluidone or Cerberus.

Snake smile
Standard User j0hn83
(committed) Thu 28-Sep-17 01:30:25
Print Post

Your nearest aggregating node will serve a number of local cabinets. Chances are the Agg Node is further than the cabinet.

The fact you have a BT chamber on the footpath outside your house doesn't mean the Agg Node is any closer. It's just because your line runs underground, and chambers are dotted along the length of of your line.

Who told you that you were band F?
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Sep-17 01:36:47
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

cerberus told me I am on band F

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User j0hn83
(committed) Thu 28-Sep-17 01:48:08
Print Post

Then you're band F.
It wouldn't make good business sense to tell a potential customer their installation bill is going to be thousands of £ more than it should be.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Sep-17 01:51:41
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

That's why it put me off. I wait until g.fast come to my cabinet next summer. smile
Standard User mumba
(newbie) Thu 28-Sep-17 12:27:26
Print Post

[re: mumba] [link to this post]

Update 28 September:

Hi All,

I have an exciting update. A very nice and friendly OR surveyor called me this morning to let me know that he is scheduled to do a survey at my house tomorrow.

I have arranged to be at home to take him through all the details of where I want the line to enter my house etc.

I will let you all know how it goes and what issues etc. he raises.

At least I am beginning to feel some real momentum here. My install is probably going to be a lot more complex than Snake's as I am in Band E.
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(experienced) Thu 28-Sep-17 12:28:39
Print Post

Sounds great, I hope the install process goes smoothly!

William Grimsley.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 28-Sep-17 13:01:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by mumba:
My install is probably going to be a lot more complex than Snake's as I am in Band E.

Not necessarily. Mine was band D (~ 800m to agg node) yet I had the service installed in just over 3 months without any dramas. If they run your fibre in u/g ducts all the way to agg node then potentially the biggest hurdle is blocked ducts which can cause delays, especially if the ducts need to be dug up to remove the blockages.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10 running Voxel
Standard User mumba
(newbie) Thu 28-Sep-17 14:19:54
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Yeah agreed.

I'm just worried that the longer the run of fibre needs to be the higher the chance that something gets physically in the way that can cause delays.
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Fri 29-Sep-17 01:13:07
Print Post

Well for me it seems the telephone/telegraph pole is the issue, I am assuming they will run the fibre at the same as the pole change then have a fibre manifold on the pole. After the engineer will do the final run to the house.

I am hoping I can get it all sorted by the end of October, although that might be pushing it, however I definitely think it should be all completed before the end of November

Snake smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to