General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Fri 29-Sep-17 15:06:56
Print Post

Re: Cerberus Fibre Order Updates

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

what is BBU?

Snake smile
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 29-Sep-17 15:14:05
Print Post

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

battery backup unit
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Fri 29-Sep-17 15:16:52
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks smile

Snake smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 29-Sep-17 15:50:04
Print Post

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

This thread is about FTTP On Demand installation which shows up as 'available' to most people on the BT checker - provided they can already get a FTTC service. At present its just Cerberus and Fluidone selling the service, though another isp called Distant Voice will also be selling the service soon.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10 running Voxel
Standard User mumba
(newbie) Fri 29-Sep-17 16:24:40
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I hope I don't get this newer bigger ONT as I want it to fit neatly in my comms cabinet and just replace my current FTTC modem.

The engineer called me back just now saying he had finished his external survey and hadn't found any major issues.

I think I now need to wait until Tuesday for official confirmation that there are no extra construction charges so that I can proceed with the order.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Sep-17 16:50:04
Print Post

[re: mumba] [link to this post]

The installer won’t/shouldn’t fit the ONTE in your comms cabinet, it should be wall mounted, keeping the fibre solid in its position.

From the ONTE it’s a standard ethernet cable to the router - so house that in your cabinet instead.

Standard User mumba
(learned) Mon 02-Oct-17 15:38:28
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thanks Zarjaz that's very useful information about it needing to be wall mounted.

My current FTTC modem is mounted to my cisco switch using very strong velcro but I assume that's not going to be good enough for the ONT.
Standard User mumba
(learned) Wed 11-Oct-17 16:39:24
Print Post

Update 11 October 2017:

Hi All,

So I've had an exciting update today. OR have confirmed with Cerberus that there are no additional charges for my installation.

They have also provided Cerberus with an estimated delivery date of 14 November. If there are no issues then this date can be achieved and if it is I will be super impressed.

So now I just have to wait and hope there are no issues during the installation like blocked ducts etc.

If the 14 November date is achieved then the total turn around time will be 2 months and 9 days.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 11-Oct-17 17:19:56
Print Post

Good news there Mumba smile

I shall draw mystic tunes with my cleaver to assuage the fibre Gods for you smile

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Oct-17 16:09:34
Print Post

I am going to placed an order FTTPoD with Cerberus next week and give it a go. I know I am on Band F but maybe Openreach might surprise me after survey with no addition charge.

Hopefully I should get FTTPoD 330/30 before xmas day!

Edited by adslmax (Thu 12-Oct-17 16:10:21)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to