General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 10-Sep-17 18:28:00
Print Post

sync problems

[link to this post]

Phone line went down around two weeks back, got it fixed a day 3 days after I reported it, , but no fibre, eventually 4 days back I had fibre back so I was told, but my ECI modem would not sync, so I borrowed my neighbours Huawei modem and it synced, so got onto plusnet as I thought maybe the original fault have taken out the modem and they sent me a Hub one or what ever they call it, that would not sync either.so I gone back to my neighbours Huawei BT open reach modem and while it does sync, I had to reset it a few times before it eventually did.

The cabinet is Huawei, not sure if that is why the Huawei modem syncs. so I presume that there is still a fault on the line somewhere.

So I have no idea why one modem will sync and yet nothing else well, I have also sent a message to plusnet asking them to look into this, but thought maybe someone may know why on here. This is not really a plusnet problem as such as it is a BT oTopen reach problem with their FTTC network.

thanks peeps

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 10 pro, reluctantly, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 10-Sep-17 18:33:03
Print Post

Re: sync problems

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Have seen Huwawei ones sync when ECI's wouldn't ..... but it's a really rare issue, and I'd guess not what you are suffering from .....

Maybe easiest not to bother PN with the full gory details, just 'I got no sync' fix it please.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 10-Sep-17 20:24:40
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Is the modem that syncing still connecting at normal sync speeds?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 10-Sep-17 23:28:39
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

It is locked so I can not look at the sync speed, but I done a speed test and the speed is better than I ever known, I am getting around 43Mb/s, which is what makes it so strange.
Surly if there was something wrong with the line I would not get that speed, but if there is not something wrong with the line why are the other equipment refusing to sync and why do the modem that is working take so long?

Oh well, I will see what happens tomorrow, bed time now, been watching loads of videos about photography and eyes are starting to get tired.

Just a quick one, the Plusnet hub one light will turn blue for a second and then it goes back to flashing green.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC

Edited by zyborg47 (Sun 10-Sep-17 23:30:17)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 11-Sep-17 08:32:34
Print Post

Just a quick one, the Plusnet hub one light will turn blue for a second and then it goes back to flashing green.
Is that from a restart/power off and on ? There's usually a brief bout of blue in the BT equivalents start up light series ....

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 11-Sep-17 12:28:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Is that from a restart/power off and on ? There's usually a brief bout of blue in the BT equivalents start up light series ....

Yes, it goes from a dark blue to a lighter blue and then start flashing green again.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 11-Sep-17 13:13:01
Print Post

Hmm, I don't know the Plusnet version well enough......

My money is on the DSLAM port being borked.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 12-Sep-17 09:02:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Hmm, I don't know the Plusnet version well enough......

My money is on the DSLAM port being borked.

But if that is true, why would the modem I am using now work and at flipping good speeds?

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Sep-17 09:05:37
Print Post

Borked as in some unique settings have been turned on that only work with certain hardware, and negotiation to ensure compatibility with hardware that does not support those modes is not working...

For example it might be insisting on Vectoring and/or G.INP actually operating and refusing connection to any other hardware.

When using the modem that syncs do you actually have an Internet connection?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 12-Sep-17 11:06:22
Print Post

Pretty much what Mr.S said Adrian, weird do-do = DSLAM as a first point of intervention for me.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to