General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ben_phd
(learned) Mon 11-Sep-17 20:59:50
Print Post

New Build - New Postcode, New Line, Possible FTTP?

[link to this post]

Evening

Long time lurker back again! I'm moving into a new build in October, completely new development. We were originally told by the developers they were looking at FTTP with Openreach, but this was way back in January this year so who knows what the final decision was and whats going in. I'm probably just skeptical but get the feeling we're going to land up with a standard copper line, bit disappointing if they've changed their plans considering we're a reasonable distance from the nearest cabinet (that i know of) and the phone exchange for standard ADSL2+. We may end up lucky, who knows at this stage.

Anyway - We have the new street names/postcodes already, so hopefully between now and then is going to be enough time for it to filter into BT's systems, does anyone have any idea how long that normally takes to happen? Last thing I want is to get keys then have to wait a few months for BT to realise there's new streets in the area!

Thanks in advance!
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 11-Sep-17 21:30:18
Print Post

Re: New Build - New Postcode, New Line, Possible FTTP?

[re: ben_phd] [link to this post]

So the thing is, what 'goes in' is down to what the developers request from Openreach ....

Ask them what they have ordered ..... Round here Bellway seem to use FTTP on their new estates, who had developed yours ?

Standard User ben_phd
(learned) Mon 11-Sep-17 21:53:17
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Hmmm I'll ask them next time I'm speaking to them then. It's a local house builder (Claymore), reasonable size but not nationwide. Cover this corner of the country up in Scotland.

Still expecting dealing with BT (or any other provider..) on a new street to be a nightmare but may be pleasantly surprised.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 11-Sep-17 22:08:12
Print Post

Can't stress enough, it's the develops you must chase. Good luck.

Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Sep-17 22:30:08
Print Post

Feel free to message me the postcode and I'll take a look
Standard User ben_phd
(learned) Mon 11-Sep-17 23:40:38
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Will do, thanks!
Standard User ben_phd
(learned) Fri 03-Nov-17 21:47:26
Print Post

Bit of an update. There were some delays but finally got keys handed over today! There’s fibre ran from an internal cupboard to the duct outside where BT will pull through, at the moment there’s just a draw rope there though - suggests they have gone ahead with fttp after all.

BTw checker recognises the address exists (hurrah!) but doesn’t know what services will be available yet. Thought I’d chance my luck with the BT retail FTTP sales number thinking a human might be able to find out more than “computer says no”, so phoned them up. He could see the address was listed (and at Royal Mail) but just had the same issue in that they couldn’t see what would be available as yet. Apparently an order will take 1-2 weeks once they’re finally able to place it. Other than that, they couldn’t see anymore than I could see online already.

He suggested phoning back next week to see if there’s any change. I suspect this will be the part that takes the longest, time will tell. Planning on moving in by the end of November, so still have time yet.
  Print Thread

Jump to