General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User wand106
(newbie) Thu 14-Sep-17 10:17:03
Print Post

FTTP or FTTC

[link to this post]

Finally my local cabinet is being upgraded, cabinet 29, ferndown.
I see that a few cabinets around being done this late on are actually FTTP. As I live on a newish housing estate, with BT ducts everywhere I wonder if I am getting FTTP?

They have just installed the cabinet, but rather than the smaller unit elsewhere locally, we have the bigger wider and taller unit. The existing BT cabinet is above ground (I read on the forum that sometimes they put a bigger unit in if its infill for example)

Is there any way to check?

Thanks

W
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 14-Sep-17 12:00:24
Print Post

Re: FTTP or FTTC

[re: wand106] [link to this post]

Pictures of the cabinet will help e.g. if its larger with two door and the doors have slots for air vents then those cooling vents are for a VDSL2 DSLAM and FTTC is on the way.

Later phases might actually be getting FTTP as that was agreed and network built to support that, earlier phases may have been just FTTC.

The FTTP for new build offer over 30 premises is fairly new and it takes time for those new agreements to filter through, i.e. was not retrospective to premises on phases already underway when announcement was made

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to