General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Nisa51
(newbie) Mon 18-Sep-17 18:24:46
Print Post

Fttc Rollout

[link to this post]

Hi

I am new to the foruns so I hope someone can help.

My exchange was fibre enabled 16 months ago and openreach only upgraded 2 cabinets in my area and have left the rest untouched. I learned today that an estate in the village is getting fttp and there were 4 OR vans with shiny new fibre coils. I asked the engineers and they confirmed it was fttp.

This estate is connected to the same cabinet as myself and yet nothing is happening to it. I put my details in the openreach website which gives me exploring solutions and its been that way for years and even though the exchange is enabled. I am roughly 750 meters away from the exchange and 150m from the cabinet.

I have tried to get answers from OR but they say nothing. None of the other cabinets in the village are being upgraded approx 7 of them. Is there a sort of cabinet rollout or something I can check.

Thanks
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Mon 18-Sep-17 18:28:17
Print Post

Re: Fttc Rollout

[re: Nisa51] [link to this post]

Openreach will provide FTTP infrastructure to new builds of 30 properties or more for free if the developer approaches them. This is probably what has occurred and why there are no other plans apparent.

Edited by witchunt (Mon 18-Sep-17 18:28:56)

Standard User Nisa51
(newbie) Mon 18-Sep-17 18:31:12
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

Wow that estate is 8 to 10 years old. This is probably why the remaining cabinets are being left.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User witchunt
(committed) Mon 18-Sep-17 18:42:57
Print Post

Maybe privately funded or BDUK funded.
Difficult to say without specifics
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Mon 18-Sep-17 18:42:57
Print Post

Re: Fttc Rollout *DELETED*

Post deleted by witchunt
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 18-Sep-17 19:22:16
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

Yeap without a postcode for a property that is on the estate getting FTTP hard to say anything else...

If the developer is still building (some estates do take years to reach completion e.g. North Swindon) they may have elected to pay to do FTTP on the older phases as well as taking the offer up for the newest premises.

Another possibility is that the estate has ducting all nicely ready to use, but those missing out have directly buried cables with no ducting so rolling out FTTP would be more costly.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Nisa51
(newbie) Mon 18-Sep-17 21:54:08
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Am I allowed to put a postcode here
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 18-Sep-17 22:00:28
Print Post

Yes

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Nisa51
(newbie) Mon 18-Sep-17 22:04:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Postcode where fttp is BS48 3GZ
Mine is BS48 3NB
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 18-Sep-17 22:21:54
Print Post

Can see the build messages for Moor Lane, Long Thorn areas, which are across the other side of Station Road.

Who is paying i.e. council/community/commercial no idea but splits like this are not unknown for FTTP

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to