General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Sep-17 10:56:24
Print Post

Here we go again.

[link to this post]

The new posh Zyxel router Plusnet sent me has now decided not to sync, stopped around 10 this morning, I switched it off, switched it back on, waited for ages, still nothing, reset, still nothing. so I reconnected up the Hauwie BTOR modem again and that connected, so now I am more or less back as I was but with the Zyxel being used over WAN.

Something have to be wrong somewhere, never had this problem before the line went belly up. So either there is a problem that BTOR can not find or BTOR is useless and have no idea what they are doing.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 10 pro, reluctantly, laptop by Linux

Plusnet FTTC

Edited by zyborg47 (Thu 21-Sep-17 10:56:46)

Standard User j0hn83
(committed) Thu 21-Sep-17 11:05:04
Print Post

Re: Here we go again.

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

For the sake of those who use the forums search function who may have a similar problem, it's best you keep to the 1 thread for the same issue. This is the 3rd thread in a week for the exact same issue.
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Thu 21-Sep-17 11:33:47
Print Post

they will treat it as low priority as you have service. get onto plusnet and get them to tell Openreach it is service affecting fault and that you only have a connection by borrowing an Huawei modem as no others work. They key is to make Openreach aware it is service affecting.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 21-Sep-17 11:44:08
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

A lift and shift to a different port in the cabinet may be the best solution, i.e. it may be a faulty port

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Thu 21-Sep-17 12:06:19
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

i can only assume that was already tried and either failed or there were no available ports. just guessing based on the previous thread.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Sep-17 12:16:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by witchunt:
i can only assume that was already tried and either failed or there were no available ports. just guessing based on the previous thread.

The first one that came here, she went to the cabinet and changed the port or changed something as she said there was no more to change after this

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Sep-17 12:17:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by witchunt:
they will treat it as low priority as you have service. get onto plusnet and get them to tell Openreach it is service affecting fault and that you only have a connection by borrowing an Huawei modem as no others work. They key is to make Openreach aware it is service affecting.

i have posted on plusnet forums, so we will see what happens, they sent me the new router due to me posting on their forums.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Thu 21-Sep-17 12:36:13
Print Post

Thats as far as she could go . probably now being dealt with by NGA network team now. unless Plusnet have accepted its fixed which they may have done.
Best check with them if its still being dealt with by openreach as they may believe its been resolved with the router you received.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 22-Sep-17 17:00:41
Print Post

and now it is working again, Well if it goes again I will just stick the other modem on permanently and leave it.

The whole network is falling apart, time to get a company that can do a better job than BT.

Adrian

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 22-Sep-17 18:27:26
Print Post

The whole network is not falling apart.

You have a fault, seemingly specific to your line/port in a single card in a single cabinet, out of 50000+.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to