General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User neilh1962
(newbie) Mon 25-Sep-17 13:00:00
Print Post

FTTP Order Problem

[link to this post]

Hi, I've posted this on the BT forum but thought I'd try here because there seems to be more FTTP discussion.
I ordered Infinity 3 on 2nd August, the same day the checker showed it as being available. Outside work was due to take place 10th August.

I phoned on 10th and was told the survey had revealed a problem, which is that the pole I'm supposed to be connected to has no manifold and one needs to be installed. I can see that this is the case.

However, both my next door neighbour to the left and next door but one to the right have now been connected to a different pole about 30 yards to the left of my house.

The neighbour to the right's connection uses a shared electricity pole outside my drive to get from the fibre pole to his house, so passes in front of my house.

I phoned the fibre order team on Saturday and queried why I can't be connected to the same manifold, they spoke to Openreach while I was on the phone and Openreach say the manifold is full.

There are only two cables coming out of the top of the manifold, which connect to the two neighbours mentioned above.

My question is: how can the manifold be full if there are only two connections coming out of it?
How come both of my neighbours seem to have had no problem getting connected?
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 25-Sep-17 13:08:30
Print Post

Re: FTTP Order Problem

[re: neilh1962] [link to this post]

Most likely, they are guessing....

Standard User neilh1962
(newbie) Mon 25-Sep-17 14:09:17
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

OK.
The BT Fibre team seem to think OR can't be wrong because as it stands they're planning to spend money to install a new manifold, whereas it seems to me they don't need to.
Is there any way I can get BT to get OR to see sense or at least send a planner round to take another look?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User j0hn83
(committed) Mon 25-Sep-17 14:33:03
Print Post

With an obvious screw up like this it can be difficult to get the right person in BT to speak to the right person in OpenReach.
If both those neighbours were connected after your order was postponed, then I would send a polite, detailed email to the OpenReach CEO. Any obvious errors are usually corrected within a few days when the right people are put on the job.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Sep-17 15:04:25
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Agreed, I would also take some clear pictures of the manifold clearly showing that its not full and send that along with the email to the CEO and the Chairman's office at BT.

I did a similar thing for my FTTP and it got the issue(s) resolved.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User neilh1962
(newbie) Tue 26-Sep-17 15:47:29
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thanks for the suggestion.
I'll try that if my next call with the fibre team doesn't get me anywhere.
I noticed on the OR website that Mr Selley is a West Ham fan, like me, so hopefully he might sympathise with my plight.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 26-Sep-17 20:11:05
Print Post

I normally give BT a few chances to resolve the issues before contacting the CEO and Chairman's Office.

But here are their email addresses to save you looking them up.

gavin.e.patterson@bt.com and michael.rake@bt.com

I send the email to both of them so they can see I have emailed the other LOL

That normally gets it resolved rather quick, I know the last time I emailed them both I received a phone call a day or two later.

Hope that helps.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up) FVA
Standard User j0hn83
(committed) Wed 27-Sep-17 03:09:06
Print Post

Clive replied to my email personally within 5 minutes (at about 5am).
A few hours later my email was picked up again by his office and the case was duplicated. I was assigned a dedicated case handler in OpenReach's high level complaints department.
2 days later an OpenReach CSC was at my door and had my database issues resolved that day.

An extremely efficient process once you're appointed a case handler by OpenReach.
Standard User neilh1962
(newbie) Fri 29-Sep-17 13:12:20
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

I haven't sent the email to the OR and BT top bods yet.
I spoke to the Fibre Orders team today and they spoke to OR again with a view to getting me connected soon.
OR are going to go away and check with the engineers.
I'm promised another update next Wednesday.
Do you think I should go ahead and send the email or wait and see what happens on Wednesday?
I don't really want to get anyone in trouble but it is frustrating having to wait so long.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Sep-17 13:34:27
Print Post

I would wait until they contact you on Wednesday, they "might" have some good news.

If not, I would tell them politely (don't be rude to them) that you are not happy on how this is being dealt with and that you will be sending the CEO and Chairman's Office at BT to do with this on going issue.

They might give you another date that they will contact you with an update, I would tell them "Ok, I will wait until then, but if it isn't resolved by then I WILL notify the CEO and Chairman's Office by email" this may or not get things rolling.

The key factor is be firm, but at the same time don't be rude to them, especially when you send the email.

In the email just say the exact issue(s) along with your address and phone number, don't go on and on you can explain more in detail when they phone you up.

Once the email has been sent, give them up to 7 to 10 working days to respond, but in nearly all my dealing with them they have phoned back within the next day or two.

I also have their actual Switchboard number which is an 0207 number, but I think the email might be the best bet.

Hope that helps.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310.95 Mbps (down), 29.37 Mbps (up) FVA
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to