General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 26-Sep-17 17:38:57
Print Post

Podspotters Anonymous - G.Fast in Wandsworth

[link to this post]

I've spotted a few G.Fast pods springing up around here (SW19) and the cabinet for one of the connections I manage now has a G.Fast pod. There's still no sign of G.Fast availability on the checker though.

One of the DSLAMs I've seen also has a small extension pod on it in addition to the G.Fast pod on the PCP. The next DSLAM along which was done first doesn't. These are pictured here;
I've been looking out and have seen five different PCPs with G.Fast pods around Wandsworth today so work seems to be proceeding at a great pace.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs

Edited by caffn8me (Tue 26-Sep-17 17:57:48)

Standard User j0hn83
(committed) Tue 26-Sep-17 17:52:47
Print Post

Re: Podspotters Anonymous - G.Fast in Wandsworth

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

One of the DSLAMs I've seen also has a small extension pod on it in addition to the G.Fast pod on the PCP. The next DSLAM along which was done first doesn't. These are pictured here;
That's an HD (high density) extension for larger line cards. It increases the number of ports from 288 to 384. Unrelated to G.Fast.
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 26-Sep-17 17:56:40
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Thank you for the explanation. I think the work was done at around the same time on both the DSLAM and PCP.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 26-Sep-17 18:48:17
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

https://www.coffee.co.uk/images/G.Fast/Cabinet25_Pod...

The house behind the pcp cabinet are lucky to get full speed on g.fast 330/50 so easily!
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 26-Sep-17 22:09:39
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

I suspect it might smile

Sadly not where I live.

Still, in the next few weeks I expect to be ordering FTTP for one of the sites I look after so that's going to be something new and shiny to play with.

Sarah

--

Print Thread

Jump to