General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User edinburghblade
(newbie) Wed 27-Sep-17 16:40:53
Print Post

g.fast rollout

[link to this post]

Hi guys,

BT have added a G.fast pod onto our cabinet PCP 95 in Leith. (vents etc). The guys disappeared a couple of weeks ago so i'm assuming it's all complete and setup (it's got a label saying to attach sticker to it).

Question is, is there any way of actually ordering it? Or checking if it's available? BT broadband still shows upto 80mb being available so not on their checker yet.

Cheers
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 27-Sep-17 17:50:21
Print Post

Re: g.fast rollout

[re: edinburghblade] [link to this post]

If the usual BT Wholesale or Openreach checker does not say anything about G.fast then its not ready.

Lots of pods have appeared but very few still ready for orders, its thought that maybe they will time it in a big announcement at once, i.e. to drive publicity and maybe get more people ordering.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User derby13
(learned) Wed 27-Sep-17 21:07:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I've spotted one today too near me on PCP 24 in Belper. Came as quite a surprise as it's not been mentioned anywhere as a test area.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Sep-17 21:20:01
Print Post

[re: derby13] [link to this post]

G.fast pod can be installing onto pcp cabinet at anytime at any place, there will be no report on roadwork.org or anywhere on the openreach when and where checker. Mine is expecting next year to have g.fast around in the summer 2018.
Standard User asrab
(newbie) Wed 27-Sep-17 22:17:31
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Hey Mister - how do you know yours is due to be installed next summer ? wonder if you have information for other areas ?
Standard User lee111s
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Sep-17 23:20:34
Print Post

[re: asrab] [link to this post]

He doesnít. He likes to think he does wink
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Sep-17 01:29:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Openreach checker does not say anything about G.fast then its not ready.

I found one page on the Openreach website that suggests we'll be seeing "G.Fast in scope" as a status sometime...

https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-br...
Standard User j0hn83
(committed) Thu 28-Sep-17 01:34:49
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Why do you make stuff like that up? They haven't even activated the extended trial areas.
Last time you said every cabinet on your exchange was getting a G.Fast pod. There's no possible way you could know when your cabinet is getting a G.Fast pod.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Sep-17 01:40:01
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

No, I am not making it up. Openreach Director told me my cabinet pcp 8 will go live on g.fast next August 2018.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Sep-17 01:47:58
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Here is proof email from openreach director

*****************@openreach.co.uk

ref number ***************

5 Sep

to me

Hi Mr ***********,

Received an update the Good News your Cabinet 8 is in the G.Fast plan but not until August 2018 sorry a 12 month wait sorry. Cabinet 9 is also in the g.fast plan but not ready until September 2018

In terms of FOD service providers are relaunching soon and they will definitely have a consumer product offering.

Openreach Delivery Director

Wales, Midlands & Home Counties
Openreach plc

Telephone: 01**************
Mobile: 07*************
SMS: 07**************
Web: openreach.co.uk

Openreach is Britainís digital network business. We connect homes, mobile phone masts, schools, shops, banks, hospitals, libraries, broadcasters, governments and businesses - large and small - to the world.

This email contains Openreach information, which may be privileged or confidential. It's meant only for the individual(s) or entity named above. If you're not the intended recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you've received this email in error, please let me know immediately on the email address above. We monitor our email system, and may record your emails.

British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no. 1800000
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to