General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Mon 13-Nov-17 21:20:31
Print Post

Re: So what sppeds can i expect from FTTP

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Sadly it's the gimme gimme society so many are living in today with no realisation of some of the costs involved. Costs I'm only too well aware of having organised nearly £19K of funding for our gap funded AIO cabinet here in Camberwell/Oval.
Standard User alloneword
(member) Mon 13-Nov-17 23:01:34
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Your choice, but if people are happy with Relish speeds and QoS at their prices, then can see providers asking serious questions of campaigners who have badgering away for years when lots do not sign up.

I'm far from happy with Relish one is evening speed but given i'm not in their coverage zone officially i can't moan aout that too much, I'm in Southwark and cell mast is over the other side of the Thames in the isle of dogs, but biggest gripe i have is then failing to tell users what too much useage is, leaves me wondering if i'm coming or going, I know of no other person near me on Relish it's only because i have own router and an ext antenna.

All1
Standard User alloneword
(member) Mon 13-Nov-17 23:06:37
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Rastus:
PlusNet FTTP (classed as a trial);

40/10 Mb/s Down/Up Unlimited - £14.99 / £17.49 pm with/without PN phone service.
80/20 Mb/s Down/Up Unlimited - £19.99 / £22.49 pm with/without PN phone service.

No installation fee.
No copper line required after service up and running.

Open to existing customers only so you'd need to get a DSL line with them to qualify.
I used to be with PlusNet and as a rule i was happy with them (apart from speed but i understand that is nothing to do with them) i hear CS support has got worse over the years but i was lucky in not having to deal with them.

So i may bite the bullet and sign for plusnet on a monthly contract to see what they can offer.

All1

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User alloneword
(member) Mon 13-Nov-17 23:18:41
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
Sadly it's the gimme gimme society so many are living in today with no realisation of some of the costs involved. Costs I'm only too well aware of having organised nearly £19K of funding for our gap funded AIO cabinet here in Camberwell/Oval.

Know camberwell very well, where the hell you found £19k round that neck of the woods i'll never know.
When you bear in mind i have been told for what feels like a decade now that this neck of the woods would be the last to get any kind of speed over 2 meg i have never given the price of FTTC/FTTP any thought what so ever, so it's not a cse of not wanting to pay it's more of a case of surprised how pricey it is compared to what i hav paid in the past which is lets be honest, a heap of junk.

I fail to see how i should know or even care what is costs to build something be it a car, a phone, a house or even a fibre network, I want value for money but at the same time I don't expect to pay mini money and get a Bentley service, just a fair deal....... Ooops sorry i forgot i live in the England i know i'm gonna get screwed i just hope they have the decency to use some lube.

All1
Standard User Rastus
(experienced) Tue 14-Nov-17 09:35:46
Print Post

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by alloneword:
In reply to a post by Rastus:
PlusNet FTTP (classed as a trial);

40/10 Mb/s Down/Up Unlimited - £14.99 / £17.49 pm with/without PN phone service.
80/20 Mb/s Down/Up Unlimited - £19.99 / £22.49 pm with/without PN phone service.

No installation fee.
No copper line required after service up and running.

Open to existing customers only so you'd need to get a DSL line with them to qualify.
I used to be with PlusNet and as a rule i was happy with them (apart from speed but i understand that is nothing to do with them) i hear CS support has got worse over the years but i was lucky in not having to deal with them.

So i may bite the bullet and sign for plusnet on a monthly contract to see what they can offer.

All1

If you do decide on PN you won't get much luck if you ask customer service about FTTP (or the trial) as very few of them are aware of it. Instead you need to go to trials.plus.net (I think you need to be signed in to proceed).

As very few PN staff are trained in FTTP it's a good idea to make contact with them on the PlusNet FTTP forum.

AFAIK nobody who has native FTTP available to them has been turned down so you're almost guaranteed to get connected.

FTTP 80/20 Mbps
Standard User alloneword
(member) Tue 14-Nov-17 10:21:42
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info and links Rastus, hopefully they will come in handy.

All1
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to