General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mauimauer
(learned) Fri 20-Oct-17 10:39:30
Print Post

[FTTP] Getting Openreach to fix their Database

[link to this post]

I'm about to move into a new-build flat in Acton on Monday. On my snagging visit last week I was shown the FTTP equipment which is already installed in the flat. According to the developer, everything is set-up and should be ready to order.

See a pic of the installation here: FTTP ONT

Unfortunately that's not entirely true. When I lookup my postcode I get no availability information at all. A call to BT yielded the same result, they are unable to let me order any service since they can't determine any availability.

Reaching out to Openreach's New Build Department has been unsuccessful so far. They claim "equipment usually get's installed a few days before a tenant moves in", that's nice to know, but merely ignoring the fact that I already have the ONT in my new utilities cabinet.

It's increasingly hard for an end-customer to reach someone at OR who can actually fix the problem. Anyone here at TBB who might be able to help?

Cheers,
maui
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Oct-17 12:48:50
Print Post

Re: [FTTP] Getting Openreach to fix their Database

[re: mauimauer] [link to this post]

In the new builds Iíve worked in with native FTTP there is usually some bumf knocking about with details of how to order on it ... not at yours I presume ?

You can see in your photo that the PON light is lit, so it should just be a matter of ordering and connecting up the router on the go live date.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Oct-17 13:32:05
Print Post

I take it your address & postcode is already correctly showing on the Royal Mail database? Because many new builds donít get added to Royal Mails systems immediately (which OR use) and you need to chase this up with RM if necessary. If everything is ok with the RM side of things then email your full address and landline no to one of the forum mods Andrew, and he should be able to get OR to correct their database.

andrew@thinkbroadband.com

Edit: perhaps you should try ordering just a voice service from bt (fva) for now which once goes live, may update the BT DSL checker. If going with BT broadband you will need a voice service from them anyway....forget about going with Sky/TalkTalk/Vodafone etc as they donít supply a service over FTTP.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10

Edited by baby_frogmella (Fri 20-Oct-17 14:02:08)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 20-Oct-17 15:01:40
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Agreed...

We did fire off an email about Infinity 3/4 vanishing from some BT site pages, but was still offering Infinity and Infinity 2 to those with native FTTP option.

The key is to check with the retail, wholesale and Openreach pages as mistakes in any of them can cause issues.

BTW Friday afternoon is a bad time to send emails like this, Monday morning is best as I can then forward it on after the checks and likely someone is in an office at Openreach.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Oct-17 15:42:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

BTW Friday afternoon is a bad time to send emails like this

Poets day innit wink

Standard User mauimauer
(learned) Fri 20-Oct-17 16:20:12
Print Post

So my issue is definitely their database. BTw Checker and OR W&W have trouble showing anything for my postcode (and all the "new" addresses it contains)

The postcode itself has been resolvable for quite some time via Royal Mail.

I've sent an email containing my details. Thanks again for helping me speak to someone at OR. I'd rather not send another angry email to the OR & BT CEOs (Which I did last year, and ultimately got me FTTC in Hammersmith)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 20-Oct-17 16:29:59
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Not here, usual 9am to 7pm in office chair and then night time tasks while watching TV

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Oct-17 17:38:32
Print Post

Watch out for pressure sores then Andrew tonguesmile

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Oct-17 22:54:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
We did fire off an email about Infinity 3/4 vanishing from some BT site pages, but was still offering Infinity and Infinity 2 to those with native FTTP option.

Yeah it was the same with my order last year, BT's System did its checks and said I can get up to 300 Mbits or 330 Mbits (cannot remember) sadly it only showed Infinity 1 and Infinity 2 packages on their site.

I phoned and I was able to get Infinity 4, so it was just a site issue.

I did check the other day and it was showing all 4 Infinity packages, so I guess its fixed now.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.47 Mbps (down), 29.78 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sat 21-Oct-17 01:19:14
Print Post

Who put that lot in that position?

Electronics that close to the CU - potential for lots of noise and interference (not on the fibre though).

And mounting those boxes - right in the middle of the "safe zones" where the cables run to and from the sockets and cover blanking plates, the installer was fortunate not to get a shock although there is no proof that the fixings screws are not live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to