General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Mon 30-Oct-17 12:07:32
Print Post

FTTPoD - New Pricing from Openreach from Feb 2018

[link to this post]

New pricing and minimum terms have been announced by Openreach today:
https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefi...

The new proposal operates on the following basis:

The new pricing operates on 12 months minimum term. This has been reduced from 36 months.
In addition to the existing 330/30 Mbps, 500/165 Mbps and 1000/220 Mbps variants, customers can now order two more variants: 160/30 Mbps and 330/50 Mbps.

Reduced connections and rentals, which will be charged in line with standard FTTP prices.

Withdrawal of the distance-based charging, replaced by a FTTP on Demand build charge, established through a planning/survey phase.

Quotes are subject to survey. We will provide an initial, non-binding estimate of the level of build costs. Upon confirmation by the communications provider, we will proceed with the planning phase, and establish a final firm price which is valid for a period of 30 days. At this stage, if the communications provider does not want to proceed then it is liable to pay the survey and design fee of £245.14.

Deductions will be made on the build charge for:
- Each FTTP on Demand order in the PON build
- Any additional premise passed by the PON build

Multiple FTTP on Demand orders in a geographic cluster can be processed simultaneously:

- The build charge deduction per PON will apply for each FTTP on Demand order
- Provides an opportunity for the build charge to be shared by multiple end customers

A few people on here who have placed orders are not going to be too happy with this part - The new pricing will apply to orders purchased from the 1 February 2018. Existing customers will continue to pay the old tariff until they complete their minimum period of service.

Edit: Updated pricing reflected here - https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/prici...

Edited by AndyHCZ (Mon 30-Oct-17 12:31:29)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Oct-17 12:41:20
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD - New Pricing from Openreach from Feb 2018

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

Thanks for that, very interesting.

I think the 12 month min term is designed to appeal to residential customers as well whereas the current incarnation of it is geared towards businesses. I magine the pricing will tumble even further if people on a street place a mass FTTPoD order. I'll mention this to one of my neighbours who may get this cheaper now that my house already has FTTPoD installed. Oh well just another 32 months left on my FTTPoD contract LOL

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Mon 30-Oct-17 13:14:38
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

It looks like Openreach pay the first £700 of a new PON build. An additional premises will see a £50 deduction (not massive) on the build charge to connect to that PON.

Time will tell what the actual build charges are like, but the fact you can seem to pool multiple premises in the same area together is quite an incentive I would think.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-Oct-17 13:27:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
It looks like Openreach pay the first £700 of a new PON build. An additional premises will see a £50 deduction (not massive) on the build charge to connect to that PON.

Time will tell what the actual build charges are like, but the fact you can seem to pool multiple premises in the same area together is quite an incentive I would think.

Isn't that £50 per premises the newly built PON passes just added to the allowance for the overall PON, so on a 32 premises passed PON you're looking at 700 + 31 * 50 = £2250 off the costs?

As I understand it once the PON has been built homes passed by the newly constructed PON become native FTTP enabled, and operators can submit orders for multiple premises on the PON simultaneously and spread the enable cost between them all.
Standard User Jabes
(member) Mon 30-Oct-17 18:13:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
I magine the pricing will tumble even further if people on a street place a mass FTTPoD order. I'll mention this to one of my neighbours who may get this cheaper now that my house already has FTTPoD installed. Oh well just another 32 months left on my FTTPoD contract LOL

Since my install is targeted to go live on completion of my house purchase on 20th January I may end up being the person in the worst case scenario! 36 months.

Best wishes
James
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Oct-17 18:34:06
Print Post

[re: Jabes] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jabes:
Since my install is targeted to go live on completion of my house purchase on 20th January I may end up being the person in the worst case scenario! 36 months.

Best wishes
James

I feel better now grin No seriously, when I ordered the service back in February, I was fully aware the pricing model of FoD might change at some point in the future so I certainly don't have any regrets. What stage is your installation at?

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Oct-17 19:20:44
Print Post

Looks to be much more compelling than the old pricing, knocking off £700/PON and £50/house passed - hope they haven't increased the build charges and this is indeed cheaper FTTPoD.
Standard User Woolwich
(member) Mon 30-Oct-17 20:22:21
Print Post

Iím not sure I know what PON is a TLA for.

I promise anyone who gives me a link to a glossary that Iíll bookmark it!
Standard User Jabes
(member) Mon 30-Oct-17 20:26:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
I feel better now grin No seriously, when I ordered the service back in February, I was fully aware the pricing model of FoD might change at some point in the future so I certainly don't have any regrets. What stage is your installation at?

I was aware of it too but didn't expect it to be just as I went live!

The latest status update said that the fibre cabling and underground cabling is complete and waiting to resource fibre jointing.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 30-Oct-17 20:40:05
Print Post

[re: Woolwich] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Woolwich:
Iím not sure I know what PON is a TLA for.

I promise anyone who gives me a link to a glossary that Iíll bookmark it!

PON passive optical network

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to