General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Gblogg
(newbie) Tue 31-Oct-17 15:05:05
Print Post

Cabinet 37 - CT94BT - When will it be active?

[link to this post]

Good evening everyone,

I know people are probably asking when will fibre be available in flocks and droves but here is yet another one ..

I have recently purchased a new build home that , to my dismay, has only been on a copper line receiving download speeds of an amazing 180kb/s and upload is non existent.

We have been trying to liase with BT / Openreach about when our property will be able to get fibre and since moving in almost 6 months ago, the postcode checker has always been at the build stage. It has been at this stage since long before we moved in as well while showing no signs of actually progressing. We have also been getting no response from openreach themselves.

To my joy, I have recently seen a cabinet ( a fibre one ) get built right next to our existing copper cab. Unfortunately we cannot yet place an order online and there is no movement from the build stage. Is there anyway we can check when this is due to be completed and we will be able to actually place an order for fibre?
Standard User Chippy_Tea_
(committed) Tue 31-Oct-17 15:24:52
Print Post

Re: Cabinet 37 - CT94BT - When will it be active?

[re: Gblogg] [link to this post]

If you put your phone number in here do you get details under the main box?

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/#

Standard User Gblogg
(newbie) Tue 31-Oct-17 15:43:14
Print Post

[re: Chippy_Tea_] [link to this post]

Hi Chippy_Tea,

I do indeed get some results ;
BROADSTAIRS is served by Cabinet 37

ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date Left in Jumper
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 2.5 -- 1 to 4 Available -- -- -- --
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 2.5 Up to 0.5 1 to 4 Available -- -- -- --
ADSL Max Up to 2 -- 1 to 3 Available -- -- -- --
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- -- -- --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- -- -- --
Other Offerings Availability Date
ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- -- -- --
Premise environment Status
Bridge Tap U
VRI --
NTEFaceplate --
Last Test Date 27/07/2016

Edited by Gblogg (Tue 31-Oct-17 15:43:47)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Gblogg
(newbie) Tue 31-Oct-17 15:44:17
Print Post

Appologies the formatting seems to have not copied that well ..
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 31-Oct-17 15:51:10
Print Post

I believe it's only very recently been put in, so may still need power, tie cables and fibre connecting. Could be weeks or months.

Virgin are installing full fibre to the Thanet area, so you may want to consider that as an option.

Standard User Gblogg
(newbie) Tue 31-Oct-17 15:59:31
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Hi Ronski,

Thanks for the reply, Yes it was only finished being put in on Friday of last week.

I have seen virgin around however as my home is a new build I don't think it's on their list to do. I have checked the postcode checker on their website and our area isn't yet planned it seems otherwise I would most definitely go Virgin.

So no hope then eh, just a waiting game with no way to get a time frame?

Ps, I love your fibre map in your flair/signature. Thank you for being a beacon of hope lol.

Thanks for your reply mate, appreciated.

Edited by Gblogg (Tue 31-Oct-17 16:01:50)

Standard User gregormac
(regular) Tue 31-Oct-17 16:05:04
Print Post

With me, the Fibre Cabinet was stood in April but I was not able to order service until July, and it wasn't provided till August.
Look for a silver lock to appear on the Cabinet. It gets this in the very final stages of being commissioned and the silver lock signifies the line cards etc. are installed, switched on and its days away from being RFS.

80/20 FTTC Zen Internet
Fritzbox 7490
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 31-Oct-17 16:55:48
Print Post

Hi, I started the map around the end of 2011 or beginning of 2012 when they started doing Thanet, they now seem to be doing the last few cabinets.

VM are aiming to cover all of Thanet, my road has very recently been done, but not expected to be live until early 2018. See here for further info

If you contact CLOKent/PM as per above link I'm sure he/she will be able to confirm. If your'e in the new builds near the Hooden Horse VM have some roadworks planned for Jan/Feb for Nash Rd & the A256 by WWX.

PS. VM's postcode checker says my areas not planned, but as above the Toby's and ducts are installed smile

Edited by R0NSKI (Tue 31-Oct-17 16:57:07)

Standard User Gblogg
(newbie) Tue 31-Oct-17 19:57:36
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Funnily enough we are at the Hooden horse new builds haha - That's brill then atleast it's not too long a wait .. 4g hotspot from phone will have to do till then.. :|

I'll get in touch with CLO to see if he has any further info/Guesstimates as to an availability date - Thanks for your help Ronski, and thanks everyone else.

Edited by Gblogg (Tue 31-Oct-17 20:10:14)

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 31-Oct-17 20:22:36
Print Post

A lot of that estate is on cab 38 by the Travelodge, that cabinet does appear to finally be planned, Code Lookup says FTTC being built live by March 2018, but that date could change, for instance for your's it states live by June 2017!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to