General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User aarong96
(newbie) Sat 04-Nov-17 12:32:18
Print Post

FTTP Connectorised Block - stages?

[link to this post]

Hi, Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed that FTTP connectorised blocks have been installed on 2 of our poles; one right outside our which connects our property. 'Superfast Broadband Hampshire' are estimating end of 2018 for our postcode. However speaking to a Openreach engineer; sounds like could be a lot sooner and to 'keep checking availability'.

https://ibb.co/gMR0Cb - our pole

Anybody able to explain the potential steps for installing this type of Fibre (under subsidy funding)? Appreciate it is different fro every installation; but keen to grasp if this is in the 'later' stage of the installation rather then early.

Many thanks,
Aaron.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 04-Nov-17 13:28:51
Print Post

Re: FTTP Connectorised Block - stages?

[re: aarong96] [link to this post]

It may be the teams doing the DP are ahead of schedule but the teams installing the larger splitters and fibre back to aggregation node are some way behind.

So it is a how long is a piece of string question, particularly as one short gap means it won't work, e.g. a pavement chamber flooded with detris from storms may need the cleaning teams and thus throw things out of schedule

Edited by MrSaffron (Sat 04-Nov-17 13:29:35)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 04-Nov-17 14:45:27
Print Post

It really is as the Openreach guy said... just keep checking.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User aarong96
(newbie) Sat 04-Nov-17 15:20:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info! In that case theres not really any way of telling; just wondered if there was a structured implementation plan. Would be great if some of this information was public - in respect of A) complete, awaiting B) before C) commences etc.

@Zarjaz Thats the thing; there isn't really anyway of knowing when it is live...used to use BT Wholesale when with BT which was perfect; however now with another provider can only check via postcode which doesn't provide FTTP result.

Thanks both!
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 04-Nov-17 15:33:42
Print Post

Why not try ordering, and if they say no .... ask them to inform you when they can provide service ?

Whereabouts in Hampshire ?

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 04-Nov-17 17:49:26
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-br...

Enter postcode and then select the property name

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 04-Nov-17 17:50:19
Print Post

Its a multiple stage process and they don't all need to be done in a specific order

Standard User aarong96
(newbie) Sat 04-Nov-17 23:11:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Use that website; however it has always said the same - 'Great News, you may be able to order fibre', that is however referring to FTTC where our cabinet is a few miles away.. or a direct exchange link I can't remember hence the rollout of FTTP.

Understand, thanks for clarifying!

@Zarjaz Could try that one; past experience has been foreign call centres 'yeah we can due that' promising everything under the sun to get a sale, but never clarifying what is currently available or specifics.

Not to far out from Tadley; its gutting seeing GigaClear throwing fibre down everywhere in West Berks, whilst Hampshire have contracted good old BT smile

Thanks
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 05-Nov-17 07:15:16
Print Post

I have heard mention on here of a dedicated FTTP Sales team, UK based also, I think the user ‘Paul Kirby’ was the one with the info.

Tadley is an area I know pretty well, used to be on my ‘patch’ till I moved.

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 05-Nov-17 08:56:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by aarong96:
@Zarjaz Thats the thing; there isn't really anyway of knowing when it is live...used to use BT Wholesale when with BT which was perfect; however now with another provider can only check via postcode which doesn't provide FTTP result.

Thanks both!

Use the same checker but select the address option (not postcode), on the resultant form enter your postcode then submit, which will result in a list of addresses, then you can select yours. Using this method will show all available services for that address.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to