General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User McShaneDCFC
(newbie) Fri 17-Nov-17 10:25:38
Print Post

Cabinet accepting orders but no FTTC services activated

[link to this post]

I posted about this a few months back, basically our village moved from exchange only lines to cabinets in Jan of this year and our new fttc cabs started accepting orders at the end of June.

Since then no one in the village has had an order for fttc completed and we donít know what is causing this now 5 month delay.

I spoke with bt last week and was told that openreach and wholesale were doing the final work that day and my service would be active by the 10th. I then got an email saying committed date would be the 27th.

This morning I got a phone call to say that it is delayed again as bt wholesale need to work on the cabinets integrated circuit boards...do any of you know what that means? Any guesses as to what the delay is? Very frustrating that companies accept orders and then donít follow through on them.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 17-Nov-17 11:02:47
Print Post

Re: Cabinet accepting orders but no FTTC services activated

[re: McShaneDCFC] [link to this post]

Working on integrated circuit boards sounds like line cards may be faulty, but the excuse list is long when BT Consumer respond so hard to say a lot.

Some cabinets do have issues, e.g. fault occurs during transit and not until first live orders go through do these sometimes manifest

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to