General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cobra7512
(regular) Fri 24-Nov-17 02:23:17
Print Post

FTTP availability

[link to this post]

Hi, spoke to an OR engineer last week and was told they have done all the testing and FTTP is available at our address, check OR website today and it said is accepting ultrafast order. However, when I check with BT or use thinkbroadband package search, it seems like only ADSL is avaliable. When checking with samknow, if I only input the postcode, it says FTTP available, if I input the phone number as well, it says only ADSL available. I am currently with SKY and do not have a BT landline number, will that affect the result?
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 24-Nov-17 05:52:42
Print Post

Re: FTTP availability

[re: cobra7512] [link to this post]

The results of various checkers seem to be quite flakey to start with.

I doubt using your number will work as Sky do not offer service over the Openreach FTTP network.

Best advice would be to try again in a few days using your postcode.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 24-Nov-17 09:01:49
Print Post

Our system is reliant on us seeing the FTTP is available, hence its independence when tracking coverage, rather than a feed from Openreach, so if we've not spotted you then feel to free email

Sky telephone numbers are LLU based, so no accurate location information is available to BT Wholesale or Openreach as that is under the control of Sky, which explains address working and phone not.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cobra7512
(regular) Fri 24-Nov-17 12:09:26
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks MrSaffron, email postcode and address to you. Thanks a lot for your help.
Standard User cobra7512
(regular) Mon 27-Nov-17 13:36:22
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi Andrew, thanks a lot for your help over email.
It seems like thinkbroadband provider search come back as fttp enable now, however, when I try to order it again today through the link provided, All provider still stated only ADSL is available. Is that mean there are still problem with BT wholesale database?
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Mon 27-Nov-17 13:43:17
Print Post

Who are you trying to order with?
Standard User cobra7512
(regular) Mon 27-Nov-17 13:52:29
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

I tried BT and Cerberus today.
The gentleman who I spoke over the phone from BT business said according to their system, it's seem like nothing is available in the next 3 months and told me to go check the dslchecker myself.
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Mon 27-Nov-17 14:06:42
Print Post

When you go here https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-br... and enter your address, does it show "Great news, you can order a Fibre to the Premises service today."?
Standard User cobra7512
(regular) Mon 27-Nov-17 14:08:33
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

yes
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 27-Nov-17 14:13:06
Print Post

So a mismatch maybe between address and phone number look ups sounds most likely and something that providers have just as much power as I do in terms of prodding Openreach to get fixed

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to