General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User geot
(newbie) Sat 02-Dec-17 09:20:58
Print Post

FTTP Availability

[link to this post]

Hi,

We have been waiting a while for a Fibre Service and now in our area a few houses are receiving FFTC, but our group of houses have been earmarked for FTTP. I have checked open reach and bt's dal checker and it says FTTP is available for my number. But when I got to BT site its still showing just ADSL and no FTTP strive, typically how long does it take to propagate through to the sales side?
Standard User sparkymark75
(learned) Sat 02-Dec-17 09:26:24
Print Post

Re: FTTP Availability

[re: geot] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by geot:
Hi,

We have been waiting a while for a Fibre Service and now in our area a few houses are receiving FFTC, but our group of houses have been earmarked for FTTP. I have checked open reach and bt's dal checker and it says FTTP is available for my number. But when I got to BT site its still showing just ADSL and no FTTP strive, typically how long does it take to propagate through to the sales side?

Are you sure its FTTP and not the business orientated product FTTP on Demand?

If you stick your phone number (or address) in this site https://www.dslchecker.bt.com, it will have a row for WBC FTTP if you have FTTP available to order. If it states FTTP On Demand, then that's a product which is more aimed toward businesses as the costs are substantial.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 02-Dec-17 09:30:20
Print Post

Like already said, you probably too far from your cabinet to get FTTC and all that is showing is FTTPod which costs huge amounts due to you have to pay for it all.

PM me your Postcode and door number and I will look.

But most likely its FTTPod rather than FTTP.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.47 Mbps (down), 29.78 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User geot
(newbie) Sat 02-Dec-17 09:36:47
Print Post

[re: sparkymark75] [link to this post]

Yes its FTTP on Demand, there are a number of small businesses,me being one of them. What is the best approach and who is best to contact to get a quote. Our area was earmarked for funding from DSSB.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 02-Dec-17 09:48:27
Print Post

See https://www.thinkbroadband.com/guides/fibre-fttc-ftt... in particular the question above

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 02-Dec-17 10:08:24
Print Post

Ok, like you already now know its FTTPod shown below:

Address ###################### on Exchange ABERDEEN CULTER is served by Cabinet 6 
--------------+-------------------+---------------+--------------+--------------------
Featured        Downstream Line     Upstream Line   Downstream     WBC FTTP
Products        Rate(Mbps)          Rate(Mbps)      Range(Mbps)    Availability Date
--------------+-------------------+---------------+--------------+--------------------
FTTP on Demand  330                 30              --             Available
ADSL            Downstream Line     Upstream Line   Downstream     Availability Date
Products        Rate(Mbps)          Rate(Mbps)      Range(Mbps)
WBC ADSL 2+     Up to 1.5           --              1 to 3.5       Available
ADSL Max        Up to 1             --              0.75 to 2.5    Available
WBC Fixed Rate  0.5                 --              --             Available
Fixed Rate      0.5                 --              --             Available
Other                                                              Availability Date
Offerings
VDSL Multicast  --                  --              --             Available
ADSL Multicast  --                  --              --             Available

So it looks like you are possibly too far from your cabinet to get FTTC due to the length of the line from the cabinet to your home resulting in a too slow of a speed, which is why its not showing.

This isn't that bad as it sounds, according to the Openreach Where and when page, for your address it says the following:

The cabinet that serves your premises is live, but your speeds aren't as fast as we'd like them to be. Your area has been reviewed and there is a plan to do further work to increase speeds via FTTP technology.

We follow a different design and build process for FTTP so you won't see updates at each stage. As soon as we have built the network and made services available, you will see an 'Accepting Orders' message.

So you "might" and I say might end up getting FTTP after all smile

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.47 Mbps (down), 29.78 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)

Edited by PaulKirby (Sat 02-Dec-17 10:21:12)

Print Thread

Jump to