General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dazzled
(newbie) Sun 03-Dec-17 00:10:14
Print Post

Problems I think

[link to this post]

Hi Guys,

We have just got Bt infinity 2 and the sync speeds don't seem right. Am I right to assume there is a fault here? Will post the stats below:

VDSL uptime:
1 days, 01:10:33
Data Rate:
20000 / 56173
Maximum Data Rate:
21215 / 56260
Noise Margin:
6.3 / 6.2
Line Attenuation:
14.8 / 15.4
Signal Attenuation:
0.0 / 0.0
Data sent/received:
272.8 MB / 3.8 GB

Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sun 03-Dec-17 00:15:07
Print Post

Re: Problems I think

[re: dazzled] [link to this post]

For that attenuation teh speeds are possibly a little low - you would be expecting max attainable figures of 25-28 Mbps UP and 65 to 75 Mbps DOWN (potentially 80 could be achieved).

SNR at 6dB is te normal target.

What is your overall set up? Are the stats taken from the text socket with nothing else plugged in or connected? Do you have any electrical/electronic equipment close to the modem or near to the cables?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User dazzled
(newbie) Sun 03-Dec-17 00:27:27
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Cheers for the speedy reply. No we don't have any extensions in the house we don't even have the phone plugged in anymore we just use our mobiles. We just have a hub 5 connected to the Openreach 5c mastersocket.

Edited by dazzled (Sun 03-Dec-17 00:34:22)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Dec-17 01:48:54
Print Post

[re: dazzled] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dazzled:
Cheers for the speedy reply. No we don't have any extensions in the house we don't even have the phone plugged in anymore we just use our mobiles. We just have a hub 5 connected to the Openreach 5c mastersocket.
Why do you have a hub 5 if you just signed up? You should get a Hub 6.

Stats don't look terrible to me, what speed did BT quote you - they should have given you a speed estimate.

In your shoes I would ask BT to recontract you to Infinity 1 at a lower price.
Standard User dazzled
(newbie) Sun 03-Dec-17 12:09:46
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

We re contracted to infinity 1 with up to 76mb speeds as our contract is ending in January. When we were on infinity 1 the hub was syncing at around 55mb. Apparently BT were supposed to upgrade us between Sep-Nov with the free speed boost but they didn't and we have recently had a lot of problems with their customer service sorting this and getting clarity.. (Miscommunication, Confirmation emails coming back with the wrong speeds on, Giving us different prices for infinity 2 then trying to sell that to us when we were supposed to be able to receive equivalent speeds.) Anyway point is I've looked at a lots of line stats from different people and it seems that ours doesn't reflect the speeds the line should support. I've just come on here to get peoples opinions. Thanks
  Print Thread

Jump to