General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AElliott
(newbie) Wed 13-Dec-17 11:55:19
Print Post

FTTP / Exchange Raw Data

[link to this post]

Hi,

The Broadband maps are really helpful.

However I'm struggling to follow where I can access the raw data for Openreach FTTP and BT Exchange locations.

I'd really like to be able to have this information as an Excel or CSV file so I can use it in my own mapping. However I can only find postcode checkers.

Are you able to help?

Thanks.
Anthony
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 13-Dec-17 13:15:01
Print Post

Re: FTTP / Exchange Raw Data

[re: AElliott] [link to this post]

From us the answer would be a no, we've been burnt in the past be free and open sharing data to then have people use that to push us out of a sector

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User AElliott
(newbie) Wed 13-Dec-17 13:40:51
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply. I understand that concern. I'm working on a project for a local authority so am really seeking to find information just for our area. This would not be to share publically, but rather to layer FTTP against our own internal data.

Even if you can't provide the data yourselves, it would be really great if you are able to direct me to somewhere that may be able to help.

Happy to speak over the phone if that's easier.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 13-Dec-17 14:05:47
Print Post

For FTTP the location of the exchange and even cabinets is irrelevant

https://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/broadband-map#... is the map with all the full fibre operators showing across the UK

Datasets are available on a commercial basis, usually people want to know about the superfast rather than just FTTP, but we find most don't want to pay which is a shame as that helps to cover the time it takes chasing down everything.

Another avenue is to talk to Point Topic who have various datasets available on a commercial basis too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User awontroba
(regular) Wed 13-Dec-17 14:15:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Consumers want expensively produced information to be free?

--
Adrian
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Wed 13-Dec-17 14:18:24
Print Post

AElliot

You could get the information straight from the source by signing up on the Openreach site and agreeing to their terms and conditions.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 13-Dec-17 14:37:23
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

I think the info provided by TBB has a lot of additional work - it isn't the straight Openreach database.
  Print Thread

Jump to