General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User andyfr
(member) Tue 19-Dec-17 18:31:44
Print Post

Zen or Cerberus for FTTP

[link to this post]

We can order FTTP at home from tomorrow. There are more ISPs for us to choose from than the original two initially. After going through the options I have narrowed it down to Zen or Cerberus. I know Zen have been going for some time and seem to have a fairly good reputation but I don't know a great deal about Cerberus.

It's important to have a UK call centre, unlimited download and to allow us to keep our land line with BT. It would be a 80/20 package that we would be wanting.

I have a Draytek 2860 router and I would want to use that rather than being forced to use a provided one.

I would appreciate any comments on the above ISPs.

Cheers

Andyfr
Standard User andyfr
(member) Wed 20-Dec-17 12:28:01
Print Post

Re: Zen or Cerberus for FTTP

[re: andyfr] [link to this post]

Ordered from Zen so fingers crossed they will be okay. Cerberus look okay but very little information about them and the lack of reviews anywhere put me off.

Andyfr
Standard User robsdesk
(newbie) Wed 20-Dec-17 16:03:17
Print Post

I have the same decision to make, Zen have a not insignificant price advantage as well as being a 1 year rather than 2 year contract. I'm slightly concerned about the single thread issues which are reported about them, although they appear to have a plan to sort it out.

Please report back as to your experience - our FTTP deployment has just completed testing I believe we're just waiting for backend updates then I can order.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User andyfr
(member) Wed 20-Dec-17 17:15:36
Print Post

[re: robsdesk] [link to this post]

Will do. smile

Andyfr
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Wed 20-Dec-17 19:21:27
Print Post

Quite a few people on here have experience of FTTP with Cerberus as an FTTP On demand provider but they are usually paying business prices and a business service. see thread for one set of them.
Standard User Snake
(experienced) Wed 20-Dec-17 20:35:23
Print Post

I have been a Zen customer for over 4 years and nothing but good things to say about them. (FTTC)

However TODAY I just went live on Cerberus FTTPoD and its been great. Cerberus customer service has been excellent.

But since its only been on day, its hard to say go with one or the other. I can definitely say my install experience was excellent and Cerberus was always updating me.

Snake smile
Standard User clivers
(regular) Wed 20-Dec-17 21:09:47
Print Post

[re: Snake] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Snake:
I have been a Zen customer for over 4 years and nothing but good things to say about them. (FTTC)

However TODAY I just went live on Cerberus FTTPoD and its been great. Cerberus customer service has been excellent.

But since its only been on day, its hard to say go with one or the other. I can definitely say my install experience was excellent and Cerberus was always updating me.

Keep us updated as i am looking for a FTTP provider early in the new year for our office.
Standard User robsdesk
(newbie) Fri 22-Dec-17 06:38:58
Print Post

[re: clivers] [link to this post]

How was the order process? We're now showing as able to order FTTP (nice Christmas present from being stuck on ADSL!), Will be ordering this morning.
Standard User andyfr
(member) Sat 23-Dec-17 11:03:17
Print Post

[re: robsdesk] [link to this post]

Ordering process with Zen was excellent.

Andyfr
Standard User robsdesk
(newbie) Fri 05-Jan-18 21:27:17
Print Post

I received my installation date today from Zen - 26th January along with account details. My order went through a survey first, not quite sure of the details but it sounded like capacity at the exchange end - they said it wasn't my end that needed checking.

Roll on 3 weeks time!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to