General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Nitro93
(newbie) Mon 25-Dec-17 21:22:01
Print Post

Moving house

[link to this post]

Hey all,

Merry Christmas!

Quick question, I'm moving house to rural Kent in Jan/Feb and will probably be getting FTTPoD at some stage, but in the interim intend to transfer over my FTTC line. I've heard a few recent horror stories about people being unable to get a port in their cabs, as this is a rural location this also worries me slightly. So i'm just wondering whether there's any way of knowing, or would I just have to go through the motions and have an order fail on me? I take it the DSL checker and the BT website would still say available even if it wasn't, or is this reflected on capacity too?

It's a large Huawei cab installed by BDUK, specifically BRIDGE cabinet 2 just incase anyone is able to investigate further...

Cheers!
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Mon 25-Dec-17 21:41:11
Print Post

Re: Moving house

[re: Nitro93] [link to this post]

The wholesale availability checker should show if the cabinet is out of capacity . It won't show if there's 1 port or 200 port's available but I reckon there's enough free so there won't be a capacity problem
Standard User Nitro93
(newbie) Tue 26-Dec-17 11:50:03
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

That's good news - if the house already has FTTC in situ and I go through the usual BT moving process, would they make use of the current port?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tomse43
(regular) Tue 26-Dec-17 16:40:50
Print Post

[re: Nitro93] [link to this post]

Nope. If the cabinet was full, the existing FTTC connection would be assigned to whoever was next on the waiting list. But the wholesale checker is usually fairly accurate so should be fine.

Edited by tomse43 (Tue 26-Dec-17 16:41:25)

Print Thread

Jump to