General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User K3V1N_R
(newbie) Wed 03-Jan-18 11:17:44
Print Post

Changing Broadband

[link to this post]

Hello
Hopefully this is a quick and easy one.

I have BT Infinity 2 76Mbit I have had it for about 3 years, About 3 months ago my connection speed went from about 56Mbit Download and 17Mbit upload (Which it had been stable for about 2.8years) to a solid 80Mbit download and 20Mbit upload.

This i think was due to BT changing something at the CAB or protocol wise my distance is around 600m from the cab.

My question is if I were to change broadband providers am I likely to get this same speed or is this something that is tied to BT's HUB 6 and the Cabinet some kind of proprietary protocol or something ?

Hope you can help
Kevin
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 03-Jan-18 11:35:25
Print Post

Re: Changing Broadband

[re: K3V1N_R] [link to this post]

Presumably the increase was due to one of 2 things - either there was a fault somewhere on the line that has been fixed or G.INP has kicked in on the line and increased speeds.

If it is the first then it shouldn't matter what ISP you go with it should be roughly the same. If it is G.INP though then changing ISPs may turn off G.INP. This might be temporary and DLM would at some point turn it on again - however, if the ISP you go with provides a router that doesn't play nicely with G.INP then you might not ever get it back again.

It should I think be possible to get stats out of the HH6 that would show whether G.INP is enabled.
  Print Thread

Jump to