I am experiencing blockiness and glitching, jitter etc when whatching IPTV on LAN devices (wifi not used for this). The problem is apparent on any "channel" any device. Need help please.
* My broadband is 40Mb, FTTC where the cabinet is about 200metres away.
* Link speeds are 40Mbps / 11Mpbs
* This is a newbuild house on a newbuild estate so there is only one telephone socket in the house (we didnt want any landlines), behind the router. There is no faceplate on the socket, it is simply a connection block between the ASDL cable from the router, and the wires coming in from the cabinet. There is a BT filter on the ADSL cable.
* Various types of devices used: PC, Laptop, Raspberry PI3, Ubuntu server, MAGbox - so hardly the device(s) if it fails on all of them.
* Five different providers used now, all different servers , same result - so unlikely to be the provider. Other users of the provider report no such issues. Problem with NowTV, NetFlix, Amazon prime, Hulu and more.
* Ive looked at the incoming stream, and most of them are MPEG2/X.264 encoded. So should ne no problem in decoding and playing these common codecs.
* Flashed the router with the latest VCF firmware so that is upto date.
* Disconnected all , ALL, LAN devices bar the device watching IPTV
* Replaced filter
* Replaced ADSL cable
* Use CAT5 LAN cable
I am advised that IPTV uses special protocols and settings and is sensitive to errors, and that it could be down to packet loss so to check FEC , QoS , router config and a few more. I have no idea how to do this or diagnose this problem. I would add that the rest of the broadband experience is fine, speed no complaints etc.
I am able to log in to the ruouter's web interface and navigate around, but there doesnt seem to be a SSH interface or anything useful for deep-debugging.
I have created a BQM using ThinkBroadband's monitor service which will measure lost packets and latency . I will run this for two days and come back with the results. Thus far latency is about 20ms and pcket loss is around 0% or so the graph indicates by absence of a red bar in the timeline. The monitor has been running since 6am today. i will let it run.
Can anyone please help by providing appropriate instructions to get me up and running. Thanks.