General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User warwickwater
(newbie) Fri 05-Jan-18 10:26:45
Print Post

Medway can 92 now 'field survey' - for real?

[link to this post]

Hi, on ringing up to cancel my (1.4Mbit) BT landline the nice man told me my local cab is now 'in survey' and should be live within 6 months. I confirmed this myself on the Openreach checker. Does anyone have any experience on whether this change from 'exploring solutions' is necessarily accurate, and if 6 months is a realistic timescale? Ironically I did FTTC field surveys as a job for a while for a third party, and I think this cab will pass based on power location, space to build, access etc.The 'next cab along' nearer the exchange and maybe 600m away is already live.

My home is also approx 1.2km distant from the cab. I realise this means speeds wont be spectacular, but is there a point at which they just refuse to offer service? For me, anything that supports a couple of SD TV stream and isn't limited (unlike my current Three Homefi) will do just fine - so '20Mbit and works' is ok for me, but will it be for them?

Thanks in advance for any insights and info
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 05-Jan-18 13:35:48
Print Post

Re: Medway can 92 now 'field survey' - for real?

[re: warwickwater] [link to this post]

How long is the piece of string on my desk?

6 months is possible, and even faster if there is a good reason, or slower if problems conspire to delay things.

1.2km yes expect around 20 Mbps mark, most providers will happily sell you, only BT Consumer might not sell you Infinity but another product that performs the same but has a different name for marketing reasons.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Jan-18 14:09:50
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
I am going to guess 0" as I suspect you don't have a piece of string on your desk. Any prizes if we guess right? wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 05-Jan-18 14:30:05
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
I am going to guess 0" as I suspect you don't have a piece of string on your desk. Any prizes if we guess right? wink
+1 smile
  Print Thread

Jump to