General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User broadbandman
(learned) Wed 10-Jan-18 23:05:28
Print Post

I can finally get FTTP/FTTC, question?

[link to this post]

so BT been doing some works lately and now page says I can order FTTP.. 300mbs! My max is ADSL 5mb.. I cant wait to order

BT 300mb FTTP is 60 a month, do you think its worth ringing BT tomorrow and calling their bluff and saying I want to cancel bt landline and BT sport, and hope they give me a good package deal? anyone tried that?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 10-Jan-18 23:08:32
Print Post

Re: I can finally get FTTP/FTTC, question?

[re: broadbandman] [link to this post]

If you are on ADSL now, then the best deal will be the pricing shown for the FTTP options, i.e. there is no under cutting that, only at contract renewal when prices revert to standard pricing can negotiation kick in.

You say FTTP/FTTC in the subject, are you certain that you are not confusing FTTP on Demand with native FTTP and its actually VDSL2 that you can get

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(learned) Wed 10-Jan-18 23:11:15
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If you are on ADSL now, then the best deal will be the pricing shown for the FTTP options, i.e. there is no under cutting that, only at contract renewal when prices revert to standard pricing can negotiation kick in.

You say FTTP/FTTC in the subject, are you certain that you are not confusing FTTP on Demand with native FTTP and its actually VDSL2 that you can get

How do I check that? Openreach was digging up my road 2 months ago, theyve been littered around area for months. I checked fttc checker on openreach today and it says I can get " superfast fibre to premises " I put my postcode in BT checker and it says I can get the 300mb option

I dont have current broadband with BT, I have ti with sky. I do have lind line and BT sport with BT, and tempted to say to them I want to cancel and hope they give me a good deal on moving broadband over in attempt for me to stay

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 10-Jan-18 23:15:21
Print Post

All depends on what BT checker you mean, some have no scope for confusion and others do, what URL was the checker you used

BT knows it is pretty much the only big ISP that sells the FTTP product, so your choice is less about price and more about do you want to stay with ADSL or go with FTTP

If cost is a key concern then just order the BT Infinity 1 Unlimited service at a time when the Reward Card values are high, i.e. £125 or £150

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(learned) Wed 10-Jan-18 23:18:07
Print Post

All depends on what BT checker you mean, some have no scope for confusion and others do, what URL was the checker you used

BT knows it is pretty much the only big ISP that sells the FTTP product, so your choice is less about price and more about do you want to stay with ADSL or go with FTTP

If cost is a key concern then just order the BT Infinity 1 Unlimited service at a time when the Reward Card values are high, i.e. £125 or £150

https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-br...

This is the checker I used, is this right?

this one https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s...

shows..

WBC FTTP Upto 330 Upto 30 -- Available 1 Stage

it also says

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:- Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG partial Direct In Ground

Edited by broadbandman (Wed 10-Jan-18 23:23:29)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 10-Jan-18 23:33:23
Print Post

Okay its native GEA-FTTP so you have the up to 38, 52, 76, 200 and 300 Mbps product options

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps/bt/packages/unli...

Infinity 1 up to 52 Mbps £29.99 per month and that includes the line rental, so depending on what you are paying Sky the total might be less already

(learned) Wed 10-Jan-18 23:35:11
Print Post

Okay its native GEA-FTTP so you have the up to 38, 52, 76, 200 and 300 Mbps product options

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps/bt/packages/unli...

Infinity 1 up to 52 Mbps £29.99 per month and that includes the line rental, so depending on what you are paying Sky the total might be less already

I've been used to 5mb/s a sec since 2004, so I will definitely be going for the 300mb product, definitely want to make most of it smile I deserve it

so 60 a month with a 125 reward card, including line rental.. so really only 45 a month, not bad I suppose

btw, whats the usual install time?

Edited by broadbandman (Wed 10-Jan-18 23:35:33)

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Jan-18 00:02:32
Print Post

That's what we did and we got a very very good deal.

Well that price of £60 pm was what ours went to without line rental when we was out of contract.
So that sounds like FTTP to me, but I have been wrong in the past.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.47 Mbps (down), 29.78 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 11-Jan-18 00:11:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by broadbandman:
I've been used to 5mb/s a sec since 2004, so I will definitely be going for the 300mb product, definitely want to make most of it smile I deserve it

Yeah, we were stuck with an average of 3.2Mbits ranging from 1Mbit to 5.5Mbit.
Well if money isn't an issue Infinity 4 (300Mbits) is best for the buck per Mbit.

so 60 a month with a 125 reward card, including line rental.. so really only 45 a month, not bad I suppose

Thats not bad.

btw, whats the usual install time?

Well once we finally got all our issues resolved which I won't get into, ours was done in 2 stages over 2 to 3 days, but the Chairman's Office and the CEO of BT was involved, but with a 2 stage install there is normally around a week between the external and internal work.

Not really sure about a 1 stage install.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.47 Mbps (down), 29.78 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
(learned) Thu 11-Jan-18 00:13:59
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
Well once we finally got all our issues resolved which I won't get into, ours was done in 2 stages over 2 to 3 days, but the Chairman's Office and the CEO of BT was involved, but with a 2 stage install there is normally around a week between the external and internal work.

Not really sure about a 1 stage install.

Paul

did they have to dig up around your house?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to