General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Nick481
(newbie) Tue 16-Jan-18 20:42:25
Print Post

FTTP Infinity No Calls

[link to this post]

Hi, I have FTTP with no copper line. I can only get BT and ZEN so I was going to move to ZEN so I can move back to BT in 12mths to get a great deal. However. I have moved my phone to Vonage VOIP and cancelled my BT phone. So now I find myself on a package which you just can't buy which is Inifinty 2 (No calls just broadband) which is cheaper than the Inifinity with calls. My question is will I be able to move back to BT without calls? Moving my number to vonage has also broken BTs broadband availability checker for me. Crazy. Just wish I had ADSL to be honest.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 16-Jan-18 20:54:10
Print Post

Re: FTTP Infinity No Calls

[re: Nick481] [link to this post]

Why would you need the broadband availability checker ?

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 16-Jan-18 21:44:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by Nick481:
Moving my number to vonage has also broken BTs broadband availability checker for me. Crazy. Just wish I had ADSL to be honest.
Seeing as you longer have a BT phone number, why do you find it surprising?

I would expect the Address Option of the this checker to work, but as Zarjaz asks, why are you interested in that? It isn't going to answer your question.

This does, (click "Unpackaged Broadband") with ADSLx visible and Infinity if you scroll down.

I suggest you definitely migrate back to ADSL next time you move tongue. The only sensible choice for anyone.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 75498/13861Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 16-Jan-18 23:05:21
Print Post

If your phone line still has a dial tone, you could try dialing 17070 to get the new number that has been assigned to it.

Michael Chare
Standard User Nick481
(newbie) Wed 17-Jan-18 06:27:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the link. That makes more sense now.

I can't move to ADSL frown I'm stuck paying these crazy FTTP prices as BT pretty much have a monopoly. I don't have a copper phone line.

Edited by Nick481 (Wed 17-Jan-18 06:31:25)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Wed 17-Jan-18 09:20:10
Print Post

What are you paying, have you spoke to retentions and asked for a manager once there?
Standard User Nick481
(newbie) Wed 17-Jan-18 20:41:04
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

I'm paying £42 now a month. I've been through to retention once and they would knock me a £5 off or something. They seem only interested in upping the speed to 72mbs. Who needs that! I haven't noticed any difference moving to fibre than when I was on ADSL at 15mbs. I don't how the government has let house builders and BT construct this FTTP monopoly. Its an outrage. There is zero competition in the FTTP space.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 17-Jan-18 20:51:26
Print Post

What about Hyperoptic, Gigaclear, and even Virgin and Sky .... so the answer is, they havenít.

Standard User astateoftrance
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 18-Jan-18 16:40:45
Print Post

As far as I know, any ISP can provide an FTTP service over the Openreach network (same as FTTC/ADSL) but most choose not to.

I am currently on BT ADSL which now the discount has run out costs £42.99 a month (including line rental) and I get 5-6 Mbps. Our area is currently being upgraded to FTTP so I am switching to PlusNet in anticipation of it, once available I will join their FTTP trial which costs £14.99 for 38Mbps or £19.99 for 76Mbps. Seems a good deal to me.

Edited by astateoftrance (Thu 18-Jan-18 16:42:04)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 18-Jan-18 23:52:36
Print Post

[re: astateoftrance] [link to this post]

Does that include line rental, stateoftrance?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 75789/14036Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to