General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Lambert91
(newbie) Wed 17-Jan-18 19:50:02
Print Post

FTTP to my neighbours but the checkers say I cannot have it.

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm moving into a new build property on Friday and without going into the property to check what equipment is inside this is all I can go off, I have used both the dsl checker with bt and also openreach checker online, both show that 1-37 have FTTP but me in 38 cannot order anything and the same for 39-41, 42 can have it which I find strange because they are still being built.

If possible can someone shed some light on this and is this something with the checkers or just not showing it as of yet.

I have taken a picture of the outside fittings and these seem to be the same as every other house on the street as a grey box with bt logo on it and then a pipe underneath(junction box I think) but no other boxes on the house.

Thanks in advance

Kieran

Edited by Lambert91 (Wed 17-Jan-18 19:51:01)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 17-Jan-18 19:53:47
Print Post

Re: FTTP to my neighbours but the checkers say I cannot have

[re: Lambert91] [link to this post]

Can you post a link to the photo(s) ?

Standard User Lambert91
(newbie) Wed 17-Jan-18 19:57:29
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Yeah no problem.

https://ibb.co/cGktRm

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 17-Jan-18 20:15:50
Print Post

Thank you. If that is the connection point for your new place, then I can 100% confirm that itís fed by copper, NOT FTTP.

Standard User Lambert91
(newbie) Wed 17-Jan-18 20:18:01
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

That would explain why it is not showing up on the checkers then, the strange thing is it is a new estate and 1-37 have fttp confirmed by openreach but me being next door 38 somehow doesn't have it.

To me it doesn't make sense I'll have to contact them again and see where I get too.
Standard User Pgre
(experienced) Wed 17-Jan-18 20:34:34
Print Post

They sometimes miss houses out on new builds, depending on build stage and screw ups etc... so its worth hassling the developer as I know around where I live some houses got missed for FTTP and they complained and eventually managed to get FTTP installed.

Regards PGre
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 17-Jan-18 21:57:14
Print Post

[re: Pgre] [link to this post]

Are the properties all built by the same builder? Some estates are split between builders and some plump for FTTP and others for just copper with VDSL2 eventually

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User nemeth782
(committed) Thu 18-Jan-18 06:55:27
Print Post

[re: Pgre] [link to this post]

Yeah, I've know it that the initial (show) home gets a copper line as it is used as the sales office, then the others are built up and fttp is put in for them.
  Print Thread

Jump to