General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bb4chudleigh
(committed) Sat 20-Jan-18 11:46:35
Print Post

EO Line - Strange availability checker message

[link to this post]

Got this message on the availability checker for an EO line. Anybody got any clues please as there is no cabinet!

VDSL FTTC and SOGEA is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- This cabinet is temporarily unavailable for fibre orders due to engineering works..

Edited by bb4chudleigh (Sat 20-Jan-18 12:01:58)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 20-Jan-18 15:38:35
Print Post

Re: EO Line - Strange availability checker message

[re: bb4chudleigh] [link to this post]

Without any postcode to look at what has been going on elsewhere in the area impossible to say.

What cabinet number did it show?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User unknown101
(regular) Sat 20-Jan-18 16:35:46
Print Post

Usually says this when there’s a live to live migration of live FTTC customers from a cabinet further back in the network. What’s the cabinet and exchange from the checker?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Seahawk
(newbie) Sat 20-Jan-18 18:42:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I saw the same on 20 of my watched postcodes today as well Andrew, Exchanges included Brecon, Bwlch, Carmarthen, Rhayader, Talgarth, Llangorse for example.
Standard User solchain
(regular) Sun 21-Jan-18 08:47:40
Print Post

[re: unknown101] [link to this post]

I had this on one of my watched postcodes as well - this one has two PCP's right next to each other but only one of them is connected to a fibre twin, i was hopeful that this meant they were going to relocate some of the lines to the PCP without a twin to the one that does have the fibre twin.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.7304004,-3.4161996...

PCP13 does have fibre - PCP25 does not

Its an industrial estate at Exeter airport so loads of business customers but very few residential I suspect.
Standard User bb4chudleigh
(committed) Sun 21-Jan-18 12:58:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

TQ13 0PF

Try House no 5
No cabinet number shown as it's EO
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 21-Jan-18 13:17:48
Print Post

Okay no point in following up (i.e. chasing to fix) its just one of those oddities that BT Wholesale throw up having looked at the speed range figures, or put another way should not get in the way of people ordering a service

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 21-Jan-18 15:12:24
Print Post

[re: solchain] [link to this post]

Cabinet 13 appears to be an older PCP with the 1980s, rounded edges etc.

The newer cabinet beside it appears to be a newer PCP, not an FTTC "twin", as I can't see any ventilation slots for the power system required, to run the Fibre to Copper conversions.

------------------------

Following through on to the "main" road, B3184, and directly opposite the OPENREACH van and POLICE car, there is what may be a small "All-In-One" cabinet, combining both FTTC and PCP functions.

It definitely has some vents, low down on the door; and generally appears to be a relatively recent installation.

Also a "Superfast Broadband is here" on the top half of its door.
Standard User ggremlin
(experienced) Sun 21-Jan-18 16:44:10
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by eckiedoo:
Following through on to the "main" road, B3184, and directly opposite the OPENREACH van and POLICE car, there is what may be a small "All-In-One" cabinet, combining both FTTC and PCP functions.

It definitely has some vents, low down on the door; and generally appears to be a relatively recent installation.

I think thats a Huawei 96/128 FTTC cabinet
also looking at those later pictures, there's an engineer at the left hand cabinet (25)
Standard User solchain
(regular) Sun 21-Jan-18 23:07:45
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by eckiedoo:
Cabinet 13 appears to be an older PCP with the 1980s, rounded edges etc.

The newer cabinet beside it appears to be a newer PCP, not an FTTC "twin", as I can't see any ventilation slots for the power system required, to run the Fibre to Copper conversions.

------------------------

Things have changed since google passed here in 2008 - but cabinet 25 is still not fibre activated while 13 is - very frustrating when they are right next to each other - cant take much to move the line from cabinet 25 to 13 - I just know they won't.

I am sure it will happen, I have no idea how many lines are on cabinet 25 or if most are business - love to know the history of why two pcp's were installed right next to each other though.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to