General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User steelrat51
(learned) Mon 05-Feb-18 14:40:24
Print Post

FTTPOD

[link to this post]

So have just requested pricing from Cerberus and they have emailed back the below:

Thanks for looking at the availability of FTTP services on our website. FTTP on Demand is available at this location.

FTTPoD services involve the building out of FTTP infrastructure to your premises and the installation price varies between addresses depending on the amount of work required. Under the new pricing structure effective from 1st February, this price will be provided initially as an estimate based on a desk survey by BT. The lead time is currently two weeks.

At present, FTTPoD is only available as a 300/30Mbps service. We are currently finalising our rental pricing but this is expected to be under £100.00 ex Vat per month and will have a 12 month minimum term. The service includes unlimited usage. Faster FTTP services are expected to become available later this year.

Please let me know if you would like me to submit a no-obligation pricing request to BT. We will then send you the initial build price estimate together with a confirmed rental price. For the initial pricing request, we would need the following information from you:

Name:
Telephone Number:
Address:
Post code:
Email Address:

The next step after the desk survey would be to place an order for the service. BT would then carry out a full survey and confirm the installation pricing. If you decide not to go ahead after the full survey, you would pay only the £250.00 ex Vat cancellation fee to cover the cost of the survey.

Lead time for installation of services is a minimum of 60 working days from completion of survey.

If you have any questions, please give me a call

I have told them to go ahead and request pricing and will update when received, my view is take the hit for 12 months and then I can move to a FTTP product which will end up costing the same as my current FTTC, yes the initial install will potentially be the cost of an expensive holiday.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Feb-18 17:21:29
Print Post

Re: FTTPOD

[re: steelrat51] [link to this post]

Don't know if they mentioned this but they are expecting the total cost to be roughly the same as the old pricing. frown
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(experienced) Mon 05-Feb-18 17:28:48
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

Yes, unfortunately so, especially over the course of 3 years...

William Grimsley.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Feb-18 17:46:45
Print Post

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

The new product is 12 months so construction costs are where the increase will be - I was previously in band C(£1750 - 400m to 599m), think I'm around 340m from the cabinet(don't know where aggregation node is) - be interesting to see how much higher construction costs are.
(experienced) Mon 05-Feb-18 17:48:00
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

Aggregation nodes are inside the cabinets, unless specifically placed elsewhere.

William Grimsley.

Edited by WilliamGrimsley (Mon 05-Feb-18 17:48:12)

Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Feb-18 17:49:49
Print Post

Interesting, I haven't heard that before. tongue
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 05-Feb-18 17:51:51
Print Post

Oh no they are not.

Aggregation nodes are in a pavement chamber, some will be co located with the VDSL2 cabinet i.e. chamber a couple of feet away but each aggregation node can serve 1400 premises so not all cabinets get their own node.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(experienced) Mon 05-Feb-18 18:47:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

That's what I meant, sorry should've been more specific. However, I haven't seen any aggregation nodes being installed round here, and I've recently been able to order FTTPoD...

William Grimsley.

Edited by WilliamGrimsley (Mon 05-Feb-18 18:48:30)

Standard User Realalemadrid
(member) Mon 05-Feb-18 19:12:16
Print Post

You said the nodes were inside the cabinets, which they are not, or elsewhere which is true. You probably haven't seen any being installed because they could have done months or years ago and you don't know where they are.
(experienced) Mon 05-Feb-18 19:13:43
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

Yeah, sorry, like I said should've been more clearer. That's interesting, so basically some nodes have been installed for a long time, but have only just been activated for orders recently?

William Grimsley.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to