General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.


  Print Thread
Standard User Jabes
(member) Thu 15-Feb-18 22:04:37
Print Post

Openreach database errors


[link to this post]
 
A little bit of a complicated story this one, but the upshot is openreach's database seems incorrect and I'd like to get them to correct it to save me future problems.

Background:
I ordered an FTTPoD connection for a house I was moving into, let's call it F. I thought it was funny when I used the address lookup on the dslchecker it always came back with property H but thought nothing of it.

The order progressed and I moved in. When I tried to connect an existing phone line in the property I was told by BT that it did not exist on their database. The phone number was listed as being part of property H (a neighbour). I insisted it wasn't and they created a new address record for F and planned to attend site to confirm.

Openreach arrived to install the FTTP circuit, ringing me. They had the address as property H. I led them to my house, and they installed it correctly (and it is now working).

When OR arrived to confirm the analogue phone line they did so and activated the analogue line seperately.

Now, when I use the line checker on my number it says FTTPoD available. On property F (mine) it says available, but on property H it says 'stage 1 install process and Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Proven Clear.' But property H now has no FTTC/DSL listed.

So the database is obviously in a mess now.

Given I'll want to swap to regular FTTP in three years I'd rather it was all lined up.

How do I get Openreach to have a look at it?
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 15-Feb-18 22:09:56
Print Post

Re: Openreach database errors


[re: Jabes] [link to this post]
 
If itís been like this for a good while (these things can resolve and settle themselves sometimes) then Mr. Saffron seems to have the right ears to whisper into.

Standard User Jabes
(member) Thu 15-Feb-18 22:10:47
Print Post

Re: Openreach database errors


[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]
 
Three weeks now, not sure if that's a good while yet...


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 15-Feb-18 22:22:51
Print Post

Re: Openreach database errors


[re: Jabes] [link to this post]
 
FoD adds another layer on top of the usual so I'd guess at give it another week and then email me the detail to andrew@thinkbroadband.com will do a bit of looking what the checkers say and then pen something in Openreach speak and see if things can be sorted out

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-Feb-18 04:44:37
Print Post

Re: Openreach database errors


[re: Jabes] [link to this post]
 
Definitely sounds like an OR database error because the dsl status for my address correctly changed from FTTPoD to WBC FTTP (ie 'native' FTTP) a week or so before my FoD service went live. Hopefully Mr S will give someone at OR a nudge to fix this.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Fri 16-Feb-18 04:48:08)

Standard User Jabes
(member) Fri 16-Feb-18 21:12:48
Print Post

Re: Openreach database errors


[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]
 
Thanks Andrew, I will wait until next week and will mail you back. I did previously report to my ISP who said they would send it up the line but that was some weeks ago now...
  Print Thread

Jump to