General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User threelegs
(learned) Thu 22-Feb-18 17:49:19
Print Post

at last Pt 3/4

[link to this post]

following on from poles and splitter nodes being fitted where i live. last week fibre cable was
strung between the poles and today the nodes were connected to the fibre. i cant believe how fast this has gone, lets hope this pace is maintained. now all i have to do is choose a new isp as my current one (waitrose) cant/wont do fttp. any suggestions for new isp??
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-Feb-18 18:03:12
Print Post

Re: at last Pt 3/4

[re: threelegs] [link to this post]

Your choices are sadly limited at present ... BT, Zen, and a few others.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 22-Feb-18 18:30:01
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/packages/fttp-broadband

We set up a filter for just this, as so many are asking.

PlusNet do FTTP for existing ADSL customers only (so not on product list), so its possible they may let you order as John Lewis is part of their stable.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Realalemadrid
(member) Thu 22-Feb-18 18:48:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes that's a possible solution, however I would suggest the OP joins the PlusNet forum and posts in the FTTP trial board where staff visit. Calling customer service is likely to be frustrating as they won't have a clue.
Standard User threelegs
(learned) Thu 22-Feb-18 19:48:22
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

again, thanks for the replies. will find it hard to leave waitrose as we have used them for years and will miss our e-mail addresses which are short and personal. as more fttp is rolled out I am sure being forced to change isp will upset more and more people
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 22-Feb-18 22:34:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by threelegs:
... and will miss our e-mail addresses which are short and personal
Get a domain and a yours-for-life set of (aliased) email addresses.

That page recommends Tsohost. Although most of my stuff is with them you may find 1and1 a better choice. I have several domains and emails with them as well.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 75808/13984Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User philjohn
(newbie) Fri 23-Feb-18 09:38:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by threelegs:
will find it hard to leave waitrose as we have used them for years and will miss our e-mail addresses which are short and personal.

And this is why you should never use your ISP provided email address - it locks you in if you've used it widely.
  Print Thread

Jump to