General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User chewbob
(newbie) Fri 02-Mar-18 12:36:31
Print Post

Fibre came and went??

[link to this post]

My fibre has been accepting orders but there was a capacity issue it had been like for for 8 or so months then just the other day it all changed and I’m back to exploring solutions on the when can I get fibre checker telling me I need to get community funding for fibre in my area?

We’ll fibre is in my area my next door neighbour has had it for 5 months an a few other people have had it say 10 months.

Even the other people further up from me that had the same accepting orders but capacity issue there’s all changed to "great news you can order a fibre service" but mine to "exploring the solutions" all on same day?

I have contacted BT countless times for over a year with what’s going on and couldn’t of had a rougher time trying to get answers and a week ago on the bt live chat I got told I will have it in 2/3 weeks as installation work is going on an a few connections need to be made which could be right cause there is a fibre cable coiled outside my house on a post but like I said a few days later I get the exploring the solutions on the fibre checker and also on the dsl checker the FTTP that shows the speeds you will get but on a waiting list has dissapeared also?
Standard User ian007jen
(experienced) Fri 02-Mar-18 12:59:57
Print Post

Re: Fibre came and went??

[re: chewbob] [link to this post]

exchange and cabinet number will help people find some more info
Standard User chewbob
(newbie) Fri 02-Mar-18 13:27:24
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

Exchange LLANFERRES is served by Cabinet 3

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 02-Mar-18 13:51:17
Print Post

That is a FTTP area, and plenty of places showing as still able to order.

Would need to know the postcode and premise number to say anything more.

Capacity issues in FTTP areas are very different to FTTC capacity issues, and more likely your issue was around getting a manifold built to serve you. The end of the SuperfastCymru project may mean you have missed out.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User chewbob
(newbie) Fri 02-Mar-18 14:05:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I knew it wasnt a capacity issue because it goes straight back to the exchange and doesnt have a cabinet, alls i needed was a cable from one of the green fibre box located on the telegraph post at bottom of my lane and into my house just like my neighbours but they have took ages to do it and now theres a fibre cable coiled up on the post outside mine and the other end where the fibre box is on the post but not to sure if its for me or not its been sitting there for 3 weeks now.

Surely it must be a error why ive gone back to exploring the solutions on the checker when i was at the end on accepting orders?

Hoping it is a error and it changes just like the other addresses did on same day as me.

Sick of contacting BT and not one of them has a clue telling you its been raised to a higher department and they will get back to you in 24 hours or on this an that day and no one ever does.

Don't really want to give that info out on here.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 02-Mar-18 14:14:28
Print Post

The fibre needs to go via a manifold first rather than direct from the green splitter box.

It may not be an error as since the end of Dec 2017 the contract in Wales ended, so a number of unfinished areas are being left unfinished. Some are being completed under an agreement reached but it is a small number.

If you want me to chase Openreach (rather than you trying via BT which will be mostly useless) then email us on Monday with details and can chase. Monday simply because its Friday and lots of people will not be in the office to deal with enquires.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User chewbob
(newbie) Fri 02-Mar-18 14:24:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yeah i did have someone on live chat say connections are being made as we speak and i will have it middle of march dont no how true this is or what but thats what she said.

Also i have spoke to BT twice today and they have chased openreach with this meant to of got back to me today so i rang back up and they said were still waiting on a reply from them will be monday tuesday before i hear back if not i will email you.

They did say im at a stage where were just waiting for openreach to sign your address of so we can order me a fibre service so we will find out.
  Print Thread

Jump to