General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Djeldridge
(newbie) Sat 03-Mar-18 10:04:40
Print Post

BT website - infinity 4 available but only for new customers

[link to this post]

Hi

FTTP has been installed in my area and when I check on dsl checker or bt it confirms that. The BT website even shows infinity 4 as being available as an upgrade when I check when I am logged into my account on their site. BUT when I put it in my basket it then asks my phone number again then says itís only available to new customers.

When I ring BT they say the same thing - only available to new customers.

This doesnít seem to make any sense to me. Maybe not all BT systems recognise its available yet? Or is it genuinely not for existing BT customers (I have infinity 1).

The call centre tells me there is nothing I can do other than keep checking back, and there is no one that can tell me whether this is a system glitch.

Grateful for any ideas / advice / input.

Thanks
David.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 03-Mar-18 10:09:37
Print Post

Re: BT website - infinity 4 available but only for new custo

[re: Djeldridge] [link to this post]

Is your Infinity 1 using FTTC or FTTP?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Djeldridge
(newbie) Sat 03-Mar-18 10:28:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi
Itís currently using FTTC. Openreach installed all the cabling for FTTP over the past few months and now FTTP is shown as being available.
Cheers

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Mml
(regular) Sat 03-Mar-18 10:56:14
Print Post

Phone BTís cancellations team and tell them that you are cancelling for the sole purpose of ordering Infinity 4 right after youíve cancelled. I would expect they will offer to sort it out for you without you having to cancel and re-order.
After all, itís their job to retain you as a customer and they should be able to go reasonable lengths to help you. As opposed to sales team who just arenít interested - theyíre getting plenty of calls from people wanting to connect!
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 03-Mar-18 10:59:37
Print Post

As in FTTP equipment on your serving DP ?

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 03-Mar-18 11:33:55
Print Post

If the pole that serves you has the fibre manifold (block bottle shaped item - or rectangle lunch box sized item with 8 connectors) on it then should be able to order.

Issue sounds like the BT Consumer systems not expecting to have people upgrading from FTTC to FTTP (i.e. FTTP is rare, but people with access to FTTC and FTTP is even rarer). You need to get past the computer says no people, to someone who understands what we have figured out here.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 03-Mar-18 11:56:15
Print Post

I believe officially BT Retail no longer sell Infinity 4 (FTTP 330/30), this has been replaced by Ultrafast 2 (FTTP 330/50) as shown here when I do a check on my line:

https://s17.postimg.org/aden22yrz/image.jpg

However d/t issues with BT's ordering system many customers (new & existing) are still getting Infinity 4 and it may be that until BT sort out their ordering systems, such customers will be unable to place new orders for the top tier on FTTP.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 03-Mar-18 18:27:25
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
I believe officially BT Retail no longer sell Infinity 4 (FTTP 330/30), this has been replaced by Ultrafast 2 (FTTP 330/50) as shown here when I do a check on my line:

https://s17.postimg.org/aden22yrz/image.jpg

However d/t issues with BT's ordering system many customers (new & existing) are still getting Infinity 4 and it may be that until BT sort out their ordering systems, such customers will be unable to place new orders for the top tier on FTTP.

That might be true. I have as you know Infinity 4 and this is what BT says:
Ultrafast Fibre isnít available where you live right now

You can still get speeds of up to 300Mb with Unlimited Infinity 4. So thereís nothing to stop you streaming, gaming, watching and downloading at home.

But I do see the following for my address:
Great news
You can get speeds up to 300Mb with Unlimited Infinity 4, and you can get BT TV.

Where as BTWholesale says I can get the Ultrafast shown >> here << so its just BT's System needs to catch up.

So doing both Checks on BT's Site I get >> this <<.

Oh wow, it seems that you can no longer email Gavin Patterson now frown
The Email just bounces with the following response:

Final-Recipient: rfc822; gavin.e.patterson@bt.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822;gavin.e.patterson@bt.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; smtpb1.bt.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.5.0 550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message
    refused

Well that has put a spanner in the works frown

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 303.03 Mbps (down), 31.71 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)

Edited by PaulKirby (Sat 03-Mar-18 19:02:16)

Standard User Djeldridge
(newbie) Sun 04-Mar-18 07:32:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi

I do have the kit described on the pole serving my house so reckon it has to do with BTs systems.

Any idea how to get to the people who can sort the computer says no problem? Iíve tried 3 times to no avail.

I guess I could just go ahead and order from Zen but they look a bit more expensive and we would want to keep our BT email addresses so would pay another £5/month for that too.

Cheers
David
Standard User j0hn83
(committed) Sun 04-Mar-18 14:06:03
Print Post

I've come across this. The CEO needed to be emailed. The computer still said no. The FTTC needed terminating and FTTP ordering as new customer.

They have no way in the system to upgrade you. At best they will offer to cancel the FTTC, order FTTP, but that may result in you losing your telephone number.

Have you spoken to their FTTP team about cancelling the FTTC and signing up as a new customer? They should be able to keep the FTTC live till the FTTP is activated.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to