General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Mar-18 14:55:44
Print Post

Re: BT website - infinity 4 available but only for new custo

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:
I've come across this. The CEO needed to be emailed. The computer still said no. The FTTC needed terminating and FTTP ordering as new customer.

They have no way in the system to upgrade you. At best they will offer to cancel the FTTC, order FTTP, but that may result in you losing your telephone number.

Have you spoken to their FTTP team about cancelling the FTTC and signing up as a new customer? They should be able to keep the FTTC live till the FTTP is activated.

You cannot email the CEO anymore, the emails are now rejected, look at my last post, I tried to email them about this, all my emails to them have worked before, but now they all are rejected.

So it looks like I will be phoning again Monday and if no joy then complaints.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 303.03 Mbps (down), 31.71 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User FTTP2
(learned) Mon 05-Mar-18 16:52:08
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
I believe officially BT Retail no longer sell Infinity 4 (FTTP 330/30), this has been replaced by Ultrafast 2 (FTTP 330/50) as shown here when I do a check on my line:

https://s17.postimg.org/aden22yrz/image.jpg

However d/t issues with BT's ordering system many customers (new & existing) are still getting Infinity 4 and it may be that until BT sort out their ordering systems, such customers will be unable to place new orders for the top tier on FTTP.

Not sure if this helps. We were just activated for FTTP this weekend. The Openreach broadband checker says WBC FTTP with 330 up and 50 down. I have seen screenshot (from other users) before with ‘only’ 30 down.

I am just assuming that Openreach might have ‘coded’ the system wrong? Perhaps BT retail is advised (or forced by the system) to stop selling 330/30, for the newer product 330/50, but then again the Openreach publishing/commisioning database hasn’t updated your postcode/house yet with this possibility?!

Edited by FTTP2 (Mon 05-Mar-18 16:52:59)

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Mar-18 18:38:06
Print Post

[re: FTTP2] [link to this post]

I don't think its a BTOR issue, but more a BT Retail issue.
The BTWholesale checker says I can get 330/50 and so does Zen (not that I would go with them) but BT Retail / Sales says I can only get the 30Mbit up.

So this points to BT Retail with the issue, I was too busy today to phone BT to once again query this, its been almost 2 months since I spoke to them last about this issue.

So that have had plenty of time to resolve the issue, so if there still is an issue I will be contacting complaints.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Mar-18 19:34:11
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

You should be able to email your complaints handler directly who dealt with your issue previously. smile
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Mar-18 00:52:36
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
You should be able to email your complaints handler directly who dealt with your issue previously. smile

I was never given an email address, all communication was done via phone, basically me leaving a message on their answer phone and hope they get back.

That's why I always emailed the CEO and Chairman where the emails was passed onto my Case Handler.

Plus I no longer have my case handlers phone number.

Sadly like I have said both of those email address are now refusing emails.

I will try and phone them in about 8 hours and if no joy I will ask them to put me through to my case handler, I know its still in the account information along with all the emails from my local MP and myself.

I wonder if I phone Gavin on his direct line will get answered tongue I also have their switchboard number, probably won't phone those two due to they are not free numbers and knowing my luck I will be put in a long queue tongue

TBH I just cannot see what the issue is here, I currently have FTTP with Infinity 4 speeds wanting to upgrade it to the 50Mbits up like it says I can get on the BTWholesale Checker.

I hope its not due to me having FVA, it would be stupid if it was that, I know none of the checkers recognize my phone number since I moved the phone with the same number over to FVA.

Paul

Standard User bluemoon87
(regular) Tue 06-Mar-18 06:53:56
Print Post

Interestingly when I put my details in to the bt retail page it now says ultrafast 2 available 330 Mb, Fibre available 300Mb and then just regular Broadband. I doubt this is your problem but I thought I read somewhere that they were holding back on the Ultrafast products where the backhaul couldn’t consistently handle the minimum 100Mb, not sure if this would apply to FTTP or just gfast
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Mar-18 19:44:09
Print Post

[re: bluemoon87] [link to this post]

Just spoke to two people at BT tonight.

One person said it should be resolved within a few weeks and then later on in the call said a week, so I will take their response as rubbish.

The second person I spoke to did loads of checks could see that its available on the wholesale system etc, but sadly on their systems it says its not.

They go on to explaining that it seems that it might all be available but until BTOR's system issues out an update I won't be able to order it.

They have also put me on the interested where I will get "priority" (yeah right) and will be emailed when its available.

I explained to them that I have done checks with other ISP(s) that provide FTTP and they all say I can get the 300 / 50 with them, so its an issue with the BT System, BT told me it seems strange that wholesale has been updated and they system hasn't but that might be true due to its a new package and that I need to let it update over time.

TBH I cannot see it being an infrastructure issue for us due to our splitter node only has a maximum of 12 fibres and I think only 6 of those are in use.

Paul

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 26-Mar-18 13:27:15
Print Post

[re: bluemoon87] [link to this post]

A quick update to do with Ultrafast 2 issue...

I just spoke to BT Openreach via private message on Twitter and they did some checks their end and said that it is available to me.

So I don't understand why BT Sales says its not and nothing I say will convince them frown

Paul

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 26-Mar-18 13:32:45
Print Post

Maybe BT Wholesale are't offering it. BT Consumer and Business can only offer what BTW does.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 71456/14100Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 26-Mar-18 13:47:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Maybe BT Wholesale are't offering it. BT Consumer and Business can only offer what BTW does.

BT Wholesale are definitely selling it as BT Retail's website is showing Ultrafast 2 availability for my line (330/50):

https://s17.postimg.org/bg8ayb99r/image.jpg

It appears to be an issue with BT Retail's ordering system though its affecting only some people like PaulKirby. Technically BT Retail are no longer selling Infinity 3 & 4 to new customers, these have been replaced by Ultrafast 1 & 2 respectively.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to