General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Apr-18 10:50:35
Print Post

Re: BT website - infinity 4 available but only for new custo

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
Well as of 1am this morning our Ultrafast 2 connection was activated smile

I will see how it goes over the next few days.

Paul

Good news...finally!! The extra 20 Mbps in upload will come handy, especially when uploading big files.

Now if only BT Wholesale/Openreach would offer symmetrical speeds on FTTP (ie 330/330 Mbps) just like Hyperoptic, Gigaclear, B4RN et al do. Of course not everybody needs/wants higher upload speeds but at least the choice should be there. Never going to happen in a million years though as that would eat into BT's/OR's lucrative leased line revenue.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Thu 26-Apr-18 10:56:08)

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Apr-18 11:37:38
Print Post

Re: BT website - infinity 4 available but only for new custo

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
Well as of 1am this morning our Ultrafast 2 connection was activated smile

I will see how it goes over the next few days.

Paul

Good news...finally!! The extra 20 Mbps in upload will come handy, especially when uploading big files.

Thanks, the amount of hoops I had to jump through to get it, BT was insistent it wasn't available to me, even though so many things showed it was.
I was on the phone and at one point I was passed onto several different departments until they passed it onto the Offline Team.

Also I have noticed that my Buffer Bloat one the upload has also reduced, there is still an issue with it.

I have also noticed that some of the connection issues like buffering etc to Twitch have gone.
Might just be something Twitch has done in the last 12 hours or there were issues on my old connection, who knows.

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Now if only BT Wholesale/Openreach would offer symmetrical speeds on FTTP (ie 330/330 Mbps) just like Hyperoptic, Gigaclear, B4RN et al do. Of course not everybody needs/wants higher upload speeds but at least the choice should be there. Never going to happen in a million years though as that would eat into BT's/OR's lucrative leased line revenue.

Yeah, that would be nice, well BT do sell the symmetrical connections, sadly they are over leased line which is out of my price budget frown

Paul

BTBroadband - Ultrafast 2 330 Mbps (down), 50 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to