General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dw_soothill
(newbie) Wed 07-Mar-18 08:27:01
Print Post

FTTPoD unreal pricing

[link to this post]

So guess what FTTPoD is being priced out of this world under the new scheme of pricing.

Just had the estimated pricing come back to put in FTTPoD to my house.

£18100 ex VAT

Compared to the pricing on the old method of £2750 ex VAT.

Guess there won't be many of those being installed at that sort of silly pricing. For that price, I can have a 1G connection installed and the fibre laid.

It will be cheaper for me to have a leased line installed than pay that amount.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Mar-18 08:33:18
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD unreal pricing

[re: dw_soothill] [link to this post]

People really got their hopes up when new pricing was first announced but this seems to confirm the product is still not designed for mass rollout.
Standard User Adam86
(newbie) Wed 07-Mar-18 08:38:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by dw_soothill:
So guess what FTTPoD is being priced out of this world under the new scheme of pricing.

Just had the estimated pricing come back to put in FTTPoD to my house.

£18100 ex VAT

Compared to the pricing on the old method of £2750 ex VAT.

Guess there won't be many of those being installed at that sort of silly pricing. For that price, I can have a 1G connection installed and the fibre laid.

It will be cheaper for me to have a leased line installed than pay that amount.

LOL, and theres me thinking mine was expensive when it came through this morning!

We have now received the estimate of the charges from BT. These are detailed below.

Estimated Build Cost: £6000.00 ex VAT
The build charge includes the estimate for the work and materials required to deliver the service. It also includes the connection charge.

Number of premises passed for FTTP: 12
The build estimate includes a reduction for the number of premises passed as these would be able to obtain FTTP as a consequence of your build. Customers at these premises may submit a linked FTTPoD order to share the construction costs. You will receive a discount of £700.00 ex VAT from this figure for each linked order that is served by your build. Linked orders may be submitted to Cerberus Networks at the customerís own risk. If one order is cancelled this will cancel all the linked orders so you must find a way for all parties to work together to share any costs.

Please note that this is an estimated price based on network records. There are a number of factors that may affect the final costs. These would be only confirmed by a full survey once you place an order for the service.

To proceed with an order, you must pay the £250.00 ex VAT survey charge. The survey will normally take place within 3 weeks. After the survey, you will have 28 days to accept or reject the confirmed build charge. This will be presented as Excess Construction Charges (ECCs). If you do not accept the ECCs and wish to cancel the order, the survey charge will stand. If you decide to proceed with the order, the survey charge will be deducted from the total ECC figure.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AK0086
(newbie) Wed 07-Mar-18 08:52:26
Print Post

[re: Adam86] [link to this post]

Guess I win (lose) so far! Just got my email from Cerberus this morning: £39000.
Not sure how they think it will only pass 5 properties either.
Standard User brookheather
(newbie) Wed 07-Mar-18 08:53:29
Print Post

Yes just got mine this morning - original pricing was under £3K I seem to remember (can't find my original quote at the moment) which was band B. New quote is £7100+vat and nothing about the monthly cost on the quote. Exact quote here:

We have now received the estimate of the charges from BT. These are detailed below.

Estimated Build Cost: £7100.00 ex VAT
The build charge includes the estimate for the work and materials required to deliver the service. It also includes the connection charge.

Number of premises passed for FTTP: 7
The build estimate includes a reduction for the number of premises passed as these would be able to obtain FTTP as a consequence of your build. Customers at these premises may submit a linked FTTPoD order to share the construction costs. You will receive a discount of £700.00 ex VAT from this figure for each linked order that is served by your build. Linked orders may be submitted to Cerberus Networks at the customerís own risk. If one order is cancelled this will cancel all the linked orders so you must find a way for all parties to work together to share any costs.

Please note that this is an estimated price based on network records. There are a number of factors that may affect the final costs. These would be only confirmed by a full survey once you place an order for the service.

To proceed with an order, you must pay the £250.00 ex VAT survey charge. The survey will normally take place within 3 weeks. After the survey, you will have 28 days to accept or reject the confirmed build charge. This will be presented as Excess Construction Charges (ECCs). If you do not accept the ECCs and wish to cancel the order, the survey charge will stand. If you decide to proceed with the order, the survey charge will be deducted from the total ECC figure.

Immediate flaw with this (apart from the cost) is how do I know which 7 neighbours would also be served by my node? How would I know which neighbours to approach? I assume it will be my immediate neighbours to the left or right?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Mar-18 08:54:21
Print Post

[re: AK0086] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AK0086:
Guess I win (lose) so far! Just got my email from Cerberus this morning: £39000.
Not sure how they think it will only pass 5 properties either.
Many congratulations. Be interesting to see if anyone is able to beat your record wink

PS - it won't be me as at those prices I don't think I will bother.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Mar-18 08:55:53
Print Post

[re: brookheather] [link to this post]

Immediate flaw with this (apart from the cost) is how do I know which 7 neighbours would also be served by my node? How would I know which neighbours to approach? I assume it will be my immediate neighbours to the left or right?
I was thinking that as I read your post. I am guessing that they will say that Data Protection means they can't tell you who they are.
Standard User brookheather
(newbie) Wed 07-Mar-18 08:56:17
Print Post

Some of my immediate neighbours are houses and some are flats - does a premise only count if it is a single house?
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Mar-18 08:59:18
Print Post

If the flats can be served individually by FTTP then each one would be considered a separate premises. However, often flats aren't provided by FTTP due to the complexities of dealing with the owners of the property and possible build complications.
Standard User pipcoo
(newbie) Wed 07-Mar-18 09:01:16
Print Post

Got mine this morning too, £39000 ex vat !! Thought it would be expensive but Wow! Interestingly though it does say that 34 premises would be passed and that a £700 ex vat discount would be applied for each linked order but to try and coordinate all parties would be a nightmare. It says if one order is cancelled then that cancels all the linked orders too. See copy of email below.

Estimated Build Cost: £39000.00 ex VAT

Number of premises passed for FTTP: 34
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to