General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User FTTP2
(learned) Mon 12-Mar-18 21:39:25
Print Post

BT Infinity deals: in / out of contract

[link to this post]

Hi,

Our street just got lit up with FTTP, so we are all ordering it. We share our deals we get, and some of them (most I guess) are on BT. They are trying to upgrade their ADSL + phone line to FTTP 80/20. Some of them are offered deals using the BT account online with £35.99 76/20 + free weekend calls + one off cost £19.99 for 18 months. Some are not offered that at all, even when they call the FTTP department. They are offered The same package £56.49 (the seems to be still in contract for another few months) or others for £45.99.

Anyone has any wisdom of how deals are being done given by BT? We haven’t been able to crack this yet.
Standard User broadbandman
(regular) Mon 12-Mar-18 22:13:51
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity deals: in / out of contract

[re: FTTP2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by FTTP2:
Hi,

Our street just got lit up with FTTP, so we are all ordering it. We share our deals we get, and some of them (most I guess) are on BT. They are trying to upgrade their ADSL + phone line to FTTP 80/20. Some of them are offered deals using the BT account online with £35.99 76/20 + free weekend calls + one off cost £19.99 for 18 months. Some are not offered that at all, even when they call the FTTP department. They are offered The same package £56.49 (the seems to be still in contract for another few months) or others for £45.99.

Anyone has any wisdom of how deals are being done given by BT? We haven’t been able to crack this yet.

tell them you want to cancel and moving to other fttp provider
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Mar-18 04:39:17
Print Post

[re: FTTP2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by FTTP2:
Hi,

I have always phoned up BT and have always got a better deal that is shown online.
Maybe I am lucky or I got sales on a good day, who knows.

I know when my contract run out and I became out of contract I did some looking with other providers to see their deals, I then phone BT to see what deal they could do where I got a very good one, so I was happy to re-sub for another 18 months with BT.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 303.03 Mbps (down), 31.71 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FTTP2
(learned) Tue 13-Mar-18 06:45:01
Print Post

[re: broadbandman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadbandman:
tell them you want to cancel and moving to other fttp provider

Well, one of them were told they were still in contract and will cost £115 to get out of it. I am suspecting that those that are in contract are ‘not’ offered great deals so far. Whereas those that are ‘free’ of contract are.....
  Print Thread

Jump to