General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User deiwise
(committed) Tue 13-Mar-18 09:20:36
Print Post

G.fast in neighbouring towns

[link to this post]

Hi,

I see lots of new pods in Guildford, and sure enough there are G.fast estimates planned in the DSL Checker. Does this mean neighbouring towns to Guildford, e.g. Godalming, would be next on the list for rollout or is the provision of g.fast based on population size?

Thanks

Will
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 13-Mar-18 10:06:35
Print Post

Re: G.fast in neighbouring towns

[re: deiwise] [link to this post]

No one knows the rules

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 13-Mar-18 10:46:47
Print Post

Guildford ? Not seen any g.fast stuff there ?

The guys I know who have been trained to fit it have yet to do any ‘live’ installs round this way.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User deiwise
(committed) Tue 13-Mar-18 11:59:34
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Perhaps it wasn't a g.fast pod, but something was definitely attached to this old cab when I drove past the other day. And if you check a few phone numbers in that area, most have g.fast as planned on the checker.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 14-Mar-18 01:30:42
Print Post

That (the one between the white house and the bus shelter) looks like a Huawei small FTTC cab. G.Fast pods go on the associated PCP. Which is the first one past the bus shelter.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 76102/14089Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User deiwise
(committed) Wed 14-Mar-18 11:29:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Good point - wrong link from me. Will double check, but it's the old PCP (past the bus shelter) which has the new attachment.
  Print Thread

Jump to