General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User thoosero
(newbie) Tue 13-Mar-18 20:07:55
Print Post

Fibre Waiting List

[link to this post]

Hi all,

Similar to another recent post, I have purchased a home and have recently found out that, while there is fibre generally available, for the particular property I am purchasing fibre is not available as the cabinet has reached capacity and I would need to go on to a waiting list.

The exchange is Mill Hill and the cabinet number is 29.

I know there are engineers/experts on this forum that work in the industry and/or for Openreach and so I was hoping that one of you would be able to please let me know when capacity on the cabinet is expected to increase or what the likely time period is on the waiting list.

I found the cabinet number using http://www.kitz.co.uk. The full text of additional information relating to the cabinet is pasted below, to the extent it is helpful.

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts/response.

Ilan

This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC VDSL services. You may place an order which will be dealt with in turn.
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market B Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Oct-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.
Standard User Woolwich
(committed) Tue 13-Mar-18 20:33:34
Print Post

Re: Fibre Waiting List

[re: thoosero] [link to this post]

In the same situation but a different city so I asked here and got a timescale for my cabinet upgrade.
Standard User witchunt
(experienced) Tue 13-Mar-18 20:40:36
Print Post

I would expect it to get a high density upgrade soon but that maybe weeks or months. Maybe more info due in a few days.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User simon194
(experienced) Wed 14-Mar-18 08:27:31
Print Post

[re: Woolwich] [link to this post]

Same situation where I am. The waiter's list has been going for 15 month, a new cab was stood 4 weeks ago and should be commissioned by the end of May apparently.
Standard User thoosero
(newbie) Wed 14-Mar-18 12:37:46
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simon194:
Same situation where I am. The waiter's list has been going for 15 month, a new cab was stood 4 weeks ago and should be commissioned by the end of May apparently.
Thanks Simon - out of interest, where/how do you get status updates regarding your particular cab?
Standard User thoosero
(newbie) Wed 14-Mar-18 12:38:48
Print Post

[re: Woolwich] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Woolwich:
In the same situation but a different city so I asked here and got a timescale for my cabinet upgrade.
Thanks for providing the link - I have completed the relevant form.
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Wed 14-Mar-18 16:32:15
Print Post

I used the link that Woolwich posted and they got back to me about a couple of weeks later. They actually apologised for not having a firm date for when fibre will be available again.

As for the actual dates for the build of the new cab, that came from here. Openreach have been installing quite a few second FTTC cabs in town over the past few months.
  Print Thread

Jump to