General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Mar-18 09:24:36
Print Post

Only parts of my post code is getting fttp..

[link to this post]

Hi,

I'm in a weird situation of that some parts of my road and two adjoing roads will get fttp and others won't. Most of the properties use overhead cabling..

Hampshire CC won't release any more information, my road itself has only 12 to 15 properties (same for the adjoining roads). so I find this bizarre that some will get fttp and others won't...

Is there anything i can do, before the fibre is laid ?

Edited by Taras (Fri 16-Mar-18 09:28:39)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 16-Mar-18 09:36:37
Print Post

Re: Only parts of my post code is getting fttp..

[re: Taras] [link to this post]

If you are sourcing this based on what the checkers say at this point in time, be advised that what they suggest is on the way or not now can change, both positive and negative.

Presume this is Openreach fibre we are talking about?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Mar-18 09:46:48
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I spoke to Hampshire county council .. and of course per house mapping is still in flux (they said this themselves). They are saying wait till its done type thing.

The hamlet is obviously tiny, so i'm grateful that it is being done but worried about myself firstly and then others that may not get fttp and their neighbour does..

And yes OR fibre.

RE: the checkers, only the Openreach has shown anything about fttp and thats currently for 3 properties(so yes, a giant pinch of salt)..

Edited by Taras (Fri 16-Mar-18 09:48:41)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 16-Mar-18 10:01:01
Print Post

It is wait and see, possible even Openreach are not sure yet, i.e. until some time spent on ground so its look to see where manifolds/connector blocks appear

If once all done a manifold is at edge of property and others live but someone cannot order, then can chase up i.e. database issues sometimes stop some from flipping to ready for service

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Mar-18 10:08:40
Print Post

Yeah thats what i was afraid of: that poles where gonna be missed or that we see neighbours being missed.. Which then would be a massive hike in price for those who wanted/needed fttp. Sadly there will always be winners and loosers in this frown

Thank you for classifying the best thing to do. Its a shame that the CC didn't say "some parts of your post code" last year.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Mar-18 10:48:15
Print Post

Is the current copper service pole fed ?

If so, then it would seem plausible that a manifold/CBT sited where the current copper DPís are will see all able to order .....

No point getting het up about dubious checker results based on nothing tangible as yet.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 16-Mar-18 11:24:03
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

And if checker results are dubious once live, providers should be able to chase, though more often than not it seems to me that does that.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Mar-18 11:36:18
Print Post

though more often than not it seems to be me that does that.

Aww come on Mr.S, we all know you are after canonisation grin

Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Mar-18 12:11:10
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Most are pole fed, theres are few ducts (done for the newer pole heights )..

The copper DP pole, is about 200-300m away from me on an adjoining road. I'm not sure how far the dp serves (in terms of properties)

They added this last august.. https://image.ibb.co/btG97x/phonebox.jpg this before my dp (by about 200m)

Atm the mapping is showing one side of a road, ok for fttp and other side, isn't; despite being served by the same pole.

Edited by Taras (Fri 16-Mar-18 12:16:39)

Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Mar-18 12:13:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
And if checker results are dubious once live, providers should be able to chase, though more often than not it seems to me that does that.

You are quite right it should be the isp, but how many will spend the time to train even 6 bods to do that.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to