General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tdw42
(regular) Mon 19-Mar-18 12:49:23
Print Post

SOGEA available

[link to this post]

Have Openreach finally launched SOGEA as the broadband checker now shows 'WBC SOGEA Availability Date' as 'Available' ?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 19-Mar-18 12:51:00
Print Post

Re: SOGEA available

[re: tdw42] [link to this post]

What is more important is whether any retailer is using SOGEA

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 19-Mar-18 13:47:55
Print Post

[re: tdw42] [link to this post]

It would still be a trial, looking at the Openreach Price List. I assume you are in a trial area.

(One for Andrew wink. "SOGEA Installation at Cabinet and Premise" in several places on that price list).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 76102/14089Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 19-Mar-18 13:50:17)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ixel
(committed) Mon 19-Mar-18 13:55:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

My line also indicates SOGEA is available, pretty sure I'm not in a trial area though.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 19-Mar-18 14:27:07
Print Post

So many trials as Openreach tries out various things to satisfy all comers that I largely ignore them these days.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 19-Mar-18 15:08:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The bit for you was that I was the "premise" smile. Looks like it is spreading. Not just BT Wholesale but also parts of Openreach.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 76102/14089Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 19-Mar-18 15:09:27
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

It doesn't appear for me, nor for next door who don't have broadband. Not the one next to that who have VM and no OR line.

Standard User Toonshorty
(member) Mon 19-Mar-18 15:31:25
Print Post

As far as I can tell, SOGEA is showing as available here as well.

https://i.imgur.com/MpDADuS.png
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Mon 19-Mar-18 15:51:55
Print Post

[re: Toonshorty] [link to this post]

It's showing as 'Waiting list' for me which I guess is logical because the second FTTC cab isn't commissioned yet.
Standard User tdw42
(regular) Mon 19-Mar-18 16:43:49
Print Post

Supposedly one of the original trial areas (2016?) but didn't show availability until today, so the trial may not have been with all of the exchanges (around 16) in the area.

I might have answered my own question - some more digging turned up an update to STIN517 (Issue 1.3, March 2018) which now states:

1.2.1 SOGEA over VDSL2 Locations:
Pilot Locations
North East General Managerís Area
East Anglia General Managerís Area
South East General Managerís Area
and
1.2.2 SOGEA over G.fast Locations:
Pilot Locations
Will be opened up to the FTTC (G.fast) footprint in the North East, East Anglia and South East areas in early 2018.

so not full roll-out, but has at least moved from trial to pilot.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to