General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mrijones
(learned) Sun 25-Mar-18 19:45:00
Print Post

WBC FTTC Availability Date - Planned

[link to this post]

When checking availability for one our offices in Cardiff I was quite pleased to see that VDSL was shown as one of the featured products on the line.

But, when looking along the lines it shows Planned, rather than Available.

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 02920 on Exchange LLANEDEYRN is served by Cabinet 9

Featured Downstream Upstream Downstream WBC FTTC WBC SOGEA
Products Line Line Handback Availability Availability
Rate(Mbps) Rate(Mbps) Threshold Date Date

High Low High Low

VDSL Range A 54.4 37.3 11.9 7.6 34.7 Planned --
(Clean)
VDSL Range B 45.1 27.4 10.3 5.5 22.4 Planned --
(Impacted)

I've never seen this before.
Anyone else?
Anybody any idea of timescale to go from Planned to Available?

Ta
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 25-Mar-18 21:33:14
Print Post

Re: WBC FTTC Availability Date - Planned

[re: mrijones] [link to this post]

https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-br...

Openreach has not got anything about being in scope or plan and as the SuperfastCymru contract is over that makes sense.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mrijones
(learned) Sun 25-Mar-18 22:22:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

It's a weird one, could it be a glitch?

I've also checked using the address option and using the postcode to pick the address and it come up with something similar for a number of other premises off the same cab.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User witchunt
(experienced) Sun 25-Mar-18 23:37:47
Print Post

Not a glitch. I reckon the it's been delayed, probably due to a wayleave or problem getting power, so put on hold.
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Mon 26-Mar-18 08:04:37
Print Post

I think things on the checkers have changed recently, I show FTTC estimates for my cab and we dont even have anything on the horizon, still exploring solutions. Its the same for a number of the cabs and addresses in my area where openreach cant be bothered.
Its like, we've made you wait 8 years, so lets wind you up and show you what you could have won!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 26-Mar-18 10:20:43
Print Post

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

Which given the number of FTTC cabinets being deployed now is really really small would be a daft thing to do.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ian007jen
(experienced) Mon 26-Mar-18 18:17:32
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

so put on hold

Same for a postcode on my Welsh exchange (sa62 4bd) probably as Mr S writes.....
the SuperfastCymru contract is over
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 26-Mar-18 18:27:59
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

There was some final additions that were squeezed out of the contract, for delivery in Jan/Feb/Mar and I think almost all the VDSL2 and FTTP has been done, certainly the numbers suggest that its pretty much done even for these extra couple of thousand premises.

Standard User mrijones
(learned) Mon 26-Mar-18 20:50:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by witchunt:
Not a glitch. I reckon the it's been delayed, probably due to a wayleave or problem getting power, so put on hold.

The openreach when and where was showing waiting for power back in October then went back to exploring solutions. I think the fibre twin is in place next to cab 9, and has been for months.

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
There was some final additions that were squeezed out of the contract, for delivery in Jan/Feb/Mar and I think almost all the VDSL2 and FTTP has been done, certainly the numbers suggest that its pretty much done even for these extra couple of thousand premises.

I checked this number a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't showing any sign of VDSL so I was just thinking it was weird that it's now showing planned.
  Print Thread

Jump to