General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Kamarkis
(newbie) Thu 29-Mar-18 16:34:18
Print Post

JMF 104 Joint Box

[link to this post]

Just received prior notificationthat the road through our village is to be closed so work can be carried out by Openreach to install a JMF 104 joint box. Is this anything to get excited about?

The village already has FTTC, I was hoping it might be for something a bit quicker tongue
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 29-Mar-18 16:41:04
Print Post

Re: JMF 104 Joint Box

[re: Kamarkis] [link to this post]

I wouldnít get your hopes up.... just a joint box.

Standard User Kamarkis
(newbie) Thu 29-Mar-18 16:56:01
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Damn! When I saw this sign https://www.dropbox.com/s/36ejsdj44el1i91/2018-03-29... it led me to think it might be something more interesting. Oh well, I'm only 50m from my cab, so I guess I can live with the speeds I get!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Thu 29-Mar-18 17:42:52
Print Post

Is there anything showing up on https://www.roadworks.org ?
Only works in certain areas, and I think you need to change the date range (I think it searches today only by default).

Seems odd to say it's for superfast broadband if they are only installing a joint box.

If some parts of the village are a considerable distance from the cabinet and get very low speeds then additional infrastructure could be getting added to increase their speeds (infill cabinet, FTTP).

It's extremely unlikely they would install FTTP for anyone 50m from an existing fibre enabled cabinet though. If there is work going on to increase speeds for some in the village I'd be surprised if you were included in any plans.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 29-Mar-18 17:45:40
Print Post

Nope, that just means you canít take your superfast broadband down that road at those times wink

Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Thu 29-Mar-18 17:56:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Nope, that just means you canít take your superfast broadband down that road at those times wink

LOL! choked on my coffee, thanks!
Standard User Kamarkis
(newbie) Thu 29-Mar-18 18:21:04
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:
Is there anything showing up on https://www.roadworks.org ?

Yes, it says: NEW SITE PROVISION - To build new JMF 104 joint box and lay approx 17m of Duct 5...

Seems odd to say it's for superfast broadband if they are only installing a joint box.

Agreed. Hence my question

If some parts of the village are a considerable distance from the cabinet and get very low speeds then additional infrastructure could be getting added to increase their speeds (infill cabinet, FTTP).

Yes there are, but only 3 properties. Two of them are 1300m away from cab, the other is in a completely different direction and nearly 1900m away.
Standard User Kamarkis
(newbie) Thu 29-Mar-18 18:21:59
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:

LOL! choked on my coffee, thanks!

LOL, made me laugh. I hadn't read it like that smile

Edited by Kamarkis (Thu 29-Mar-18 18:23:44)

Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Fri 30-Mar-18 12:54:13
Print Post

New Site Provision-Must be some new houses getting built nearby, itís to do with those. They could be FTTP of course.

Icaras
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Mar-18 13:21:26
Print Post

Brilliant laugh thank you for that.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
  Print Thread

Jump to