General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User B31
(member) Mon 16-Apr-18 09:50:02
Print Post

FTTP ordered! - Previously a not spot!

[link to this post]

Some of you may remember various topics from me regarding being in a not-spot in Birmingham.

A brand new house on a brand new estate (built 2012). The builders requested voice only in a massive VM area.

No Virgin Media as the council wouldn't let them dig up the pavement. (Still waiting for the road to be adopted).

For a long time BT said FTTC wasn't commercially viable.

Talked to the MP and to BTs exec complaints team at various stages too.

I got moved onto a different cabinet due to technical issues and then recently found out my old cabinet is getting FTTC in Nov. The one I moved to isn't. D'oh!

Last night I checked the ADSl checker to find the whole street has been enabled for FTTP. Almost don't believe it.

Order placed for 200Mbps FTTP. OMG. OMG. OMG.

Thank you to all who've helped with advice on the not-spot and the technical issues with my line!

BT ADSL customer getting 4.2 Mbps (0.7 Mbps up) on a new road / new build development
(Was circa 1.6 Mbps for the first 4 years)
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Mon 16-Apr-18 21:19:07
Print Post

Re: FTTP ordered! - Previously a not spot!

[re: B31] [link to this post]

Thats awesome news!

Let us know how things go.

Demon => Freeserve => Pipex => Be => Sky => BT Infinity 2
Standard User max360
(learned) Tue 17-Apr-18 10:30:29
Print Post

Is FTTP only available for your newly built estate or is available/would be for the addresses covered by the cabinet 18?

ISP: JohnLewis BB: 5.25 Mb down - 0.85 Mb up. Ping: 28ms.

Stechford (CMSTE) Cab 24 - Funding Privately (Community Partnership) (Paid the 50% deposit). Currently fundraising for the last 50%, not had any success yet. Website: http://www.stechford.online/

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User B31
(member) Tue 17-Apr-18 14:33:58
Print Post

[re: max360] [link to this post]

FTTP doesn't depend on a cabinet, so it might be a wider area, I've not checked other roads though.

Probably best to use BT's DSL checker and see if it says "WBC FTTP" in the table (not FTTP on demand as that costs a lot more to install!)

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com

Best to use a phone number if possible, or if not, address and house number.

Alternatively you can use the openreach checker here

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/index.do

BT ADSL customer getting 4.2 Mbps (0.7 Mbps up) on a new road / new build development
Standard User B31
(member) Tue 17-Apr-18 14:34:35
Print Post

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

They've cancelled my appointment today (24 hours after booking) as apparently a survey is needed.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 17-Apr-18 15:44:04
Print Post

In reply to a post by B31:
They've cancelled my appointment today (24 hours after booking) as apparently a survey is needed.

That might be to see what is there or not, our FTTP hardware installed back in 2011 - 2012 and we were only able to order FTTP Sep - Nov 2016, but I recall somebody coming out to do a survey or something along those lines.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.27 Mbps (down), 30.5 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
  Print Thread

Jump to